Waste water

Old April 27th 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Waste water

We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen. The
bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to reach the
carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it ok for
bathroom water to empty on the ground?

Andrew.

Old April 27th 05, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Andrew came up with the following;:
We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen.
The bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to
reach the carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it
ok for bathroom water to empty on the ground?

Why not just plumb an extension to the waste pipe so they can empty into one
container?

S'easy enough to do, but I would recommend using 'normal' plumbing pipe, not
the usual corrugated caravan crappy stuff.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old April 27th 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:08:44 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

| We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen. The
| bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to reach the
| carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it ok for
| bathroom water to empty on the ground?

Your local caravan place has waste pipe by the meter. Buy another length,
but support it in several places so that it does not sag. Try to get a
slight fall all the way from the outlet to the carrier.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 27th 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 27th 05, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Andrew came up with the following;:
We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen.
The bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to
reach the carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it
ok for bathroom water to empty on the ground?

Why not just plumb an extension to the waste pipe so they can empty into
one container?

S'easy enough to do, but I would recommend using 'normal' plumbing pipe,
not the usual corrugated caravan crappy stuff.

Then you might need elbows - but I agree with Paul, smooth, straight piping
is far better.

Mary

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old April 27th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:11:40 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| "Paul - xxx" wrote in message
| Andrew came up with the following;:
| We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen.
| The bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to
| reach the carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it
| ok for bathroom water to empty on the ground?
|
| Why not just plumb an extension to the waste pipe so they can empty into
| one container?
|
| S'easy enough to do, but I would recommend using 'normal' plumbing pipe,
| not the usual corrugated caravan crappy stuff.
|
| Then you might need elbows - but I agree with Paul, smooth, straight piping
| is far better.

But rigid piping is difficult to adjust when pitched on a slope.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 27th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 27th 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Paul - xxx wrote:

Andrew came up with the following;:
We use a waste carrier for collecting waste water from our end kitchen.
The bathroom is at the side, but it is too far for the waste pipe to
reach the carrier. So the question is: Do I buy another carrier or is it
ok for bathroom water to empty on the ground?

Why not just plumb an extension to the waste pipe so they can empty into one
container?

S'easy enough to do, but I would recommend using 'normal' plumbing pipe, not
the usual corrugated caravan crappy stuff.

But run them separately to the container, don't be tempted to "T"
them together, since any blockage could empty your sink into the
shower tray.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK