Overnight stop

Old May 3rd 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin

Default Overnight stop

Hello all, I am new to this newsgroup and caravanning, This is my first
year with the caravan, I have already booked the ferry for July, Dover -
Calais. I was thinking of heading down to the Loire Valley for about 10
days, My question is: Can anyone recommend some decent sites in the
Loire and second I am going to have to have a night stop not too far
from Calais the first night because the ferry does not dock until
sixish, can anyone tell me of a one stop site for the night, the drive
to the loire is about 400 miles from Calais I think?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Col
Old May 3rd 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Colin" wrote in message
Hello all, I am new to this newsgroup and caravanning, This is my first
year with the caravan, I have already booked the ferry for July, Dover -
Calais. I was thinking of heading down to the Loire Valley for about 10
days, My question is: Can anyone recommend some decent sites in the
Loire and second I am going to have to have a night stop not too far
from Calais the first night because the ferry does not dock until
sixish, can anyone tell me of a one stop site for the night, the drive
to the loire is about 400 miles from Calais I think?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Colin

There are two nice sites near Calais that you could consider, both are
around half an hour from the Port. I like Chateau de Gandspette at
Eperlecque near St Omer although given the direction you are heading this is
a bit out of your way. Alternatively Le Bien Assise at Guines would be handy
for you, this is a Castel site and over the years we have stayed here
several times.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old May 3rd 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

Colin wrote in news:MPG.1ce1b721bf9e597a989680
@news.fireflyuk.net:

My question is: Can anyone recommend some decent sites in the
Loire

http://www.camping-gien.com/ang/page1.htm
We were there last week. It is okay in low season.

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net

Posted by news://news.nb.nu