warning speed camera

Old August 6th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default warning speed camera

chris wrote:
after holidaying on Anglesey recently I noticed a van parked up on
the verge of the A5 porthaethwy/menai bridge Anglesey
it was disguised as a delivery van but I noticed there was a camera
pointing out of the back I forgot all about it until I returned home
and opened my mail to discover a speeding fine 60 and 3 points .I
hold my hands up yes I must of been speeding bit annoyed as I have a
clean license and am not a fast driver any way this has annoyed me as
I feel it is entrapment and in the police letter sent it states

"we use all means available to us to advise motorists and riders of
our camera locations"

obviously the man in the van wasn't informed of this

In what way was the camera van 'disguised as a delivery van?' Did it have
'Bloggs the Baker' on the side? Every camera van that I have seen, whilst
not displaying 'normal' police livery, has nonetheless had something along
the lines of: "Cheshire Constabularly, Road Safety Unit" on the side. I
didn't see the van in question, of course, but to suggest that it was
'disguised as a delivery van' requires some further explanation I think!

Kev