Fiamma Caravanstore

Old May 5th 05, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Falla

Default Fiamma Caravanstore

I am thinking of getting one of these for my van, but am concerned that when
folded the bag that runs along the awning rail will rub on the awning light.

Has anybody experienced this problem and what effect if any does it have?

Tony Falla

Old May 5th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Tony Falla" wrote in message
I am thinking of getting one of these for my van, but am concerned that
when
folded the bag that runs along the awning rail will rub on the awning
light.

I bought one, but havn't had a chance to put it up yet.
I've seen caravanners driving with it attached but I feel uneasy about that.
It adds weight on one side, high up. Maybe ok for a motorhome.
DaveK.

Old May 5th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Thu, 5 May 2005 10:16:08 +0100, "Tony Falla"
wrote:

I am thinking of getting one of these for my van, but am concerned that when
folded the bag that runs along the awning rail will rub on the awning light.

Has anybody experienced this problem and what effect if any does it have?

Yes, it might. I have a strip of firm foam which I slide under the
awning's bag - just thick enough to hold it off the light fitting.....
Thick pipe lagging split in half might do you.

Old May 5th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

wrote:

I am thinking of getting one of these for my van, but am concerned that when
folded the bag that runs along the awning rail will rub on the awning light.

Has anybody experienced this problem and what effect if any does it have?

Yes, it might. I have a strip of firm foam which I slide under the
awning's bag - just thick enough to hold it off the light fitting.....
Thick pipe lagging split in half might do you.

I use a couple of 6" lengths of polystyrene coving attached with double
sided tape, apart from the winter lay ups the awning stays on the side
of the van all season - even towing on Irish 'roads', we have had it for
5 years now with no problems apart from the bag becoming a little tatty
at the ends where the awning feet rub.

Roy

Old May 5th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Skip

I have had one on the van for well over a year now and several hundred miles
later the lamp is still ok.

Old May 5th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Skip

Old May 5th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

In message , davek
writes

"Tony Falla" wrote in message
I am thinking of getting one of these for my van, but am concerned that
when
folded the bag that runs along the awning rail will rub on the awning
light.

I bought one, but havn't had a chance to put it up yet.
I've seen caravanners driving with it attached but I feel uneasy about that.
It adds weight on one side, high up. Maybe ok for a motorhome.
DaveK.

I have a 3.4m Caravan store fitted to my Hobby and tow with it fitted
with no problems.

Have seen no evidence of rubbing on the caravan - just been outside to
check!
--
Al Stevenson