GPS Info for French Sites

Old May 5th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default GPS Info for French Sites

Hi all
Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in to
my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La Tranche
sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).

I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers n beers

Steve

Old May 5th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 05 May 2005 13:34:39 GMT, "Steve Bowyer"
wrote:

| Hi all
| Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
| know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in to
| my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La Tranche
| sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).
|
| I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Try uk.rec.gps It is new, but ntl should have added it by now.

BTW You will have to reset your GPS from OS National Grid to whatever the
French use, and/or use a French pap
--
Dave F
If you do not vote,
Old May 5th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 5th 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Steve Bowyer wrote:

Hi all
Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in to
my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La Tranche
sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).

I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers n beers

Steve

First stop, try this: (Pushpins for use with Autoroute)

http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/pu...(c)%20j.h..zip

You may be lucky and find that it includes the ones you want.

Next stop: (Pushpins for use with Autoroute in French)

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/tele...0AE%202002.axe

and this might yield something useful/usable:

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

I was searching with "pushpin camping +france" in Google. There are lots
of other possibilities.

Old May 6th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
News

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Hi all
Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in
to my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La
Tranche sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).

I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers n beers

Steve

Can't help with GPS coordinates but: can recommend
http://infobasque.free.fr/campings/hiriberria/
on LHS of D918, Ustaritz/St Jean Pied-de-Port

Old May 6th 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

wrote:

| Hi all
| Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
| know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in to
| my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La Tranche
| sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).
|
| I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Try uk.rec.gps It is new, but ntl should have added it by now.

BTW You will have to reset your GPS from OS National Grid to whatever the
French use, and/or use a French pap

When I go to France I set mine to WGS 84 which is what I use when
sailing also.

Frank
Old May 6th 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

Old May 6th 05, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

Steve Bowyer wrote:

Hi all
Possibly not right in here, but it is a vanning question....does anybody
know where I can get GPS coordinates for French sites that I can punch in to
my sat nav...in particular we're looking for Camping du Jard @ La Tranche
sur Mer (Vendee) and Camping le Ruisseau @ Bidart (Biarritz).

I''ve checked the campsite websites, and done a google search to no avail.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers n beers

Steve

The first one is 46 deg 21.14 north 1 deg 26.87 west.
The second is 43 deg 26.34 north 1 deg 35.35 west. You can do it by
searching on Autoroute (if you have it) and then use the locate tool to
obtain the co-ordinates.

Frank