Recommentations for CC sites PLymouth.

Old May 6th 05, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

Default Recommentations for CC sites PLymouth.

When we return from our tour of France and spain would like to spen a few
days around Plymouth. Can any one recommend sites near to.

Lee D

--

www.lrproject.com

Workshop photos from Landrover repairs
& other such tinkerings.
Home of Percy the Jag powered Landrover

Old May 6th 05, 07:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Lee_D" wrote in message
When we return from our tour of France and spain would like to spen a few
days around Plymouth. Can any one recommend sites near to.

Down Thomas is nearest club site. On the headland overlooking Bovisand Bay,
own sanitation required.
We have stayed at Plymouth Argyle Rugby Club cl as an overnight stop. You
get to be a temporary club member (use the bar and shower facilities).
DaveK.

Old May 6th 05, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Lee_D" wrote in
:

When we return from our tour of France and spain would like to spen a
few days around Plymouth. Can any one recommend sites near to.

While not a Caravan Club site, Riverside Caravan Park
(http://www.riversidecaravanpark.com/) in Plympton just off the A38 is
good. As a bonus, it's within walking distance (just under a mile) of the
Park and Ride terminal for the City Centre.

How close to Plymouth do you want to be?

http://www.camping-southwest.com/ lists ten sites that take caravans and
are within fifteen miles of Plymouth City Centre. Of those, Woodovis
(http://www.woodovis.com/) seemed really nice if expensive (if I read
their tariff correctly, a caravan + two adults + awning in high season
costs 10 + 9 + 1.50 = 20.50 per night). However, it's over half an
hour from Plymouth (the other side of Tavistock). If you don't mind
crossing the Tamar, Dolbeare in Landrake nr Saltash
(http://www.dolbeare.co.uk/) is also nice. However, it will cost you a
pound (two if towing) to get back into Devon.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK