12 V small $ky box

Old May 7th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default 12 V small $ky box

Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some

http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX
Description
12-volt operation is just one of several advantages the JAVELIN has for
anyone wanting to use a digibox in a vehicle. Its size is another major
benefit.
The Javelin uses the same remote control as any other digibox and the
controls and light indicators are also just the same. The main difference
between the Javelin and conventional digiboxes is that the Javelin only has
one SCART socket. It’s for output only and is for connecting the digibox to
a TV. This means that, if a video or DVD player or another piece of
equipment needs to be connected to the TV, a 2-way SCART socket needs to be
used unless the Javelin's aerial output socket is used.
Designed for use as a second box for SKY subscribers, the Javelin comes
with a 230V-12V adaptor for use from a mains power supply. We also supply a
12V lighter socket lead with the unit for use in a vehicle.
Specification
Dimensions: 10.8” W x 7.8” D (inc. connectors) x 1.2” H (270mm W x 195mm D
x 30mm H)
Weight: 1.9Kg
Power consumption is approx 1.25 Amps at 12 volts D.C.

Product Options
Quantity
VERY LIMITED STOCK

Price: £199.00 (£169.36 EX.V.A.T.)
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old May 7th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some

http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX

I just posted that to uk.tech.digital-tv! Do you know why they stopped
making these boxes?

Old May 7th 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:37:28 +0100, "JB"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some
|
| http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
| PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX
|
| I just posted that to uk.tech.digital-tv! Do you know why they stopped
| making these boxes?

True but they are apparently still available.
I would get one but June would object :-(

--
Dave F
Old May 7th 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 7th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some
|
| http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
| PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX
|
| I just posted that to uk.tech.digital-tv! Do you know why they stopped
| making these boxes?

True but they are apparently still available.
I would get one but June would object :-(

They do seem fantastic. I live in fear of the day that my two (that I was
randomly given with my installation) stop working and I have to start
lugging around a full size box.

Old May 7th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

Old May 7th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 7 May 2005 18:24:07 +0100, "JB"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:37:28 +0100, "JB"
| wrote:

| |
| | "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| | Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some
| |
| | http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
| | PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX
| |
| | I just posted that to uk.tech.digital-tv! Do you know why they stopped
| | making these boxes?
|
| True but they are apparently still available.
| I would get one but June would object :-(
|

| They do seem fantastic. I live in fear of the day that my two (that I was
| randomly given with my installation) stop working and I have to start
| lugging around a full size box.

Thinking about it, they were announced then withdrawn, so maybe they get
too hot? I have been keeping my eyes open for a 12 V $ky box for years,
so it can not have been around for long.

--
Dave F
Old May 7th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:37:28 +0100, "JB"
| wrote:

| |
| | "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| | Just found this and thought it might be interesting to some
| |
| | http://roadpro.co.uk/productslink.asp?LID=1143
| | PACE 'JAVELIN' SKY DIGIBOX
| |

Old May 7th 05, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen

Thinking about it, they were announced then withdrawn, so maybe they get
too hot? I have been keeping my eyes open for a 12 V $ky box for years,
so it can not have been around for long.

--
Dave F

I think it would be a lot cheaper and easier to buy one of those 35watt
laptop inverters that plug into car fag lighter sockets, and use your
existing digibox... and on the plus side, you get a regulated suply and a
plug too :-)

Stephen.