Awnings

Old May 8th 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Adair

Default Awnings

A couple of questions about awnings :-

a) Why are the bags that they come in never big enough ? I'm not talking
about an Acme Make awning here, I've got a 1 year old Bradcot Classic,
costing 900 and its a real pain to put away even though I fold it down to
the smallest size possible.

b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

Really easy things to sort...

Stu

Old May 8th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 8 May 2005 20:14:55 +0000 (UTC), "Stuart Adair"
wrote:

| A couple of questions about awnings :-
|
| a) Why are the bags that they come in never big enough ? I'm not talking
| about an Acme Make awning here, I've got a 1 year old Bradcot Classic,
| costing 900 and its a real pain to put away even though I fold it down to
| the smallest size possible.

We use a bigger bag. Ex-forces kit bags work a treat.

| b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
| together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

We always get a few assorted rolls of variously coloured electrical tape
and do it ourselves as soon as we have worked out what goes where.

--
Dave F
Old May 8th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 8th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Stuart Adair" wrote in message

b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

We have the Bradcot Classic it has 3 sets of poles, it is the 'Easy' frame.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 8th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Stuart Adair" wrote in message
A couple of questions about awnings :-

a) Why are the bags that they come in never big enough ? I'm not talking
about an Acme Make awning here, I've got a 1 year old Bradcot Classic,
costing 900 and its a real pain to put away even though I fold it down to
the smallest size possible.

I have a Bradcot awning & putting it back in the bag is a cinch.

b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

I have the 'easy poles' or whatever they call them and it is obvious what
connects to what.

Really easy things to sort...

Nought needs sorting Imo

Richard

Old May 9th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Stuart
Adair writes
A couple of questions about awnings :-

a) Why are the bags that they come in never big enough ? I'm not talking
about an Acme Make awning here, I've got a 1 year old Bradcot Classic,
costing 900 and its a real pain to put away even though I fold it down to
the smallest size possible.

b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

Really easy things to sort...

Stu

I can only speak for Trio, and having had 4 in my time they were all
marked and erecting instructions were included.

Agree about the bag size though.
--
hugh

Old May 9th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

"Stuart Adair" wrote in message
A couple of questions about awnings :-

a) Why are the bags that they come in never big enough ? I'm not talking
about an Acme Make awning here, I've got a 1 year old Bradcot Classic,
costing 900 and its a real pain to put away even though I fold it down to
the smallest size possible.

b) Why dont awning manufacturers mark the poles to show which ones go
together. My awning has 29 poles and none were marked when I got it.

Really easy things to sort...

When you next assemble it, have some coloured paint on hand, mark the
junctions with either different colours, or number of rings.

Then the next time you put it together it should be a lot easier!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Stu