Sites around Glasgow

Old May 9th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Sites around Glasgow

We're touring through Scotland this summer ending up at Bunree in the
Highlands. I've planned the route to Hawes in Yorkshire but I need a site
south of Glasgow. Any recommendations?

Andrew.

Old May 9th 05, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Andrew wrote:

We're touring through Scotland this summer ending up at Bunree in the
Highlands. I've planned the route to Hawes in Yorkshire but I need a
site south of Glasgow. Any recommendations?

Andrew.

When our son lived in Glasgow we looked for possible caravan sites where we
might stay but, in the event, never took our van up there. One which we
found - and actually went to have to look at - is the Strathclyde Country
Park, just off Jn6 of the M74. Although we never stayed there, we were quite
impressed with the position and facities. It may be worth checking out for
your purposes - info at http://tinyurl.com/5o9ab

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old May 9th 05, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:04:37 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

We're touring through Scotland this summer ending up at Bunree in the
Highlands. I've planned the route to Hawes in Yorkshire but I need a site
south of Glasgow. Any recommendations?

Andrew.

The CCC site at Moffat is very convenientbut is only 103 miles from
Hawes leaving 153 miles from there to Bunree. Or you could try for the
CC site at Arrochar up at the north of Loch Lomond which is 202 miles
from Hawes leaving you with with the most delightful 50 mile drive you
can imagine over the Rannoch moor and Glencoe to Bunree.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old May 9th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

bill lord wrote:

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:04:37 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

We're touring through Scotland this summer ending up at Bunree in the
Highlands. I've planned the route to Hawes in Yorkshire but I need a
site south of Glasgow. Any recommendations?

Andrew.

The CCC site at Moffat is very convenientbut is only 103 miles from
Hawes leaving 153 miles from there to Bunree. Or you could try for the
CC site at Arrochar up at the north of Loch Lomond which is 202 miles
from Hawes leaving you with with the most delightful 50 mile drive you
can imagine over the Rannoch moor and Glencoe to Bunree.

No exactly south of Glasgow, though, are they?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old May 9th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 9 May 2005 18:57:42 +0100, "Hitch Lock"

bill lord wrote:

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:04:37 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

We're touring through Scotland this summer ending up at Bunree in the
Highlands. I've planned the route to Hawes in Yorkshire but I need a
site south of Glasgow. Any recommendations?

Andrew.

The CCC site at Moffat is very convenientbut is only 103 miles from
Hawes leaving 153 miles from there to Bunree. Or you could try for the
CC site at Arrochar up at the north of Loch Lomond which is 202 miles
from Hawes leaving you with with the most delightful 50 mile drive you
can imagine over the Rannoch moor and Glencoe to Bunree.

No exactly south of Glasgow, though, are they?

Moffat is. G
(remove the spam to reply)