Avondale "Argente"

Old May 9th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry

Default Avondale "Argente"

Help needed as to the problem (wide or not ) the toilet flushing tank
leaking into the washroom, this only happens when the van is being
towed (then it is only on the floor around the base of the toilet).
There is no sign of a leak when the van is static, I would be very
grateful for any help.
Gerry

Old May 9th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

"Gerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Help needed as to the problem (wide or not ) the toilet flushing tank
leaking into the washroom, this only happens when the van is being
towed (then it is only on the floor around the base of the toilet).
There is no sign of a leak when the van is static, I would be very
grateful for any help.
Gerry

Errr.....have you tried putting a non-return valve in the pipe ?...these
are very cheap and will stop the liquid from slushing about back up the pipe
when traveling ....only a suggestion but i dont really know the setup you
have.

Bob.

Old May 9th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
duzz

On 9 May 2005 11:48:02 -0700, "Gerry"
wrote:

Help needed as to the problem (wide or not ) the toilet flushing tank
leaking into the washroom, this only happens when the van is being
towed (then it is only on the floor around the base of the toilet).
There is no sign of a leak when the van is static, I would be very
grateful for any help.
Gerry

Would it be a Thetford Cassette C-200 CW
If it is the leak is likely to be from the join around the flush pump
handle, mine is, one day I will take it of and find out how to fix it.

Old May 9th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Would it be a Thetford Cassette C-200 CW
If it is the leak is likely to be from the join around the flush pump
handle, mine is, one day I will take it of and find out how to fix it.

Till you get it sorted, run the flush tank almost empty before towing.
DaveK.

Old May 9th 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Midgley

wrote:

Help needed as to the problem (wide or not ) the toilet flushing tank
leaking into the washroom, this only happens when the van is being
towed (then it is only on the floor around the base of the toilet).
There is no sign of a leak when the van is static, I would be very
grateful for any help.
Gerry

Would it be a Thetford Cassette C-200 CW
If it is the leak is likely to be from the join around the flush pump
handle, mine is, one day I will take it of and find out how to fix it.

If it is a C200 series - the flushing tanks are open topped - the water
will be slopping over the top from the motion of the van. Had to take my
C200 apart a few times to unjam the electric flushing pump, I would have
preferred a manual pump but the van came already fitted with the electric
version :-(

Keith.

Old May 10th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry

Many thanks to all your comments, it appears that the fault as detected
by the dealers workshop (touch wood) was a gap between the bottom of
the filler section and the kneck of the storage tank.
This when full caused the tank as you rightly said to overflow.
It is very gratifying to get so much help in such a short space of
time, I gave the service engineer the site address as he seemed very
interested in your comments.
I will let you know what the result of the outcome is after my
collection of the van from the dealer.
Many thanks
Gerry