Looking for a nice site in Derbyshire

Old May 10th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate.tomlinson

Default Looking for a nice site in Derbyshire

We've got two girls 12 and 9 who like to swim and ride their bikes and we
like nice walks with the dog. Can anyone recommend a good site in
Derbyshire with decent facilities, we don't want too many frills but do
appreciate nice shower blocks, a shop and decent pitches

Simon and Kate

Old May 10th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"kate.tomlinson" wrote in message
We've got two girls 12 and 9 who like to swim and ride their bikes and we
like nice walks with the dog. Can anyone recommend a good site in
Derbyshire with decent facilities, we don't want too many frills but do
appreciate nice shower blocks, a shop and decent pitches

Simon and Kate

The CC site at Losehill is very good and just about a 5min walk from
Castleton so shops not a problem. Shower blocks and pitches are very good
and dog walks _off site_ are ok (ish) ..... a lot of sheep about so many
routes are leads on only ..... a bit different for my 2 gun dogs lol. Bike
riding seemed popular (providing you are fit enough ;o)) but didn't check
out pools even though I enjoy good swim.

Richard

Old May 10th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
billy whizz

Richard wrote:
"kate.tomlinson" wrote in message

We've got two girls 12 and 9 who like to swim and ride their bikes and we
like nice walks with the dog. Can anyone recommend a good site in
Derbyshire with decent facilities, we don't want too many frills but do
appreciate nice shower blocks, a shop and decent pitches

Simon and Kate

The CC site at Losehill is very good and just about a 5min walk from
Castleton so shops not a problem. Shower blocks and pitches are very good
and dog walks _off site_ are ok (ish) ..... a lot of sheep about so many
routes are leads on only ..... a bit different for my 2 gun dogs lol. Bike
riding seemed popular (providing you are fit enough ;o)) but didn't check
out pools even though I enjoy good swim.

Richard

There are public pools at Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Matlock and
Bakewell. I have never been but it seems that there are also public
pools at Buxton, Hathersage, Glossop and Derby.

--
Jim
North Derbyshire

Replace "nospam" with "henrun" to reply directly.

Old May 11th 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

"billy whizz" wrote in message
Richard wrote:
[...]

There's so much to do around Castleton you won't have time to swim. The
countryside makes for great walking and don't forget to visit the caverns.
http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/day...out/caves.html

Andrew.

Old May 11th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr W Z Boson

kate.tomlinson wrote:
We've got two girls 12 and 9 who like to swim and ride their bikes

and we
like nice walks with the dog. Can anyone recommend a good site in
Derbyshire with decent facilities, we don't want too many frills but

do
appreciate nice shower blocks, a shop and decent pitches

Simon and Kate

I agree that Castleton is great - easy walking distance to/from the pub
as well! Make sure you've got plenty of cash in hand though, coz there
ain't no free holes in the wall in Castleton!

Blackwall plantation (Ashbourne) is also OK - with a nice cycle ride
around Carsington water directly from the site - not near any pubs
though.

For a good cycling day out from anywhere around there you can't beat
the Tissington trail.

Old May 11th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Tue, 10 May 2005 21:59:32 GMT, "kate.tomlinson"
wrote:

We've got two girls 12 and 9 who like to swim and ride their bikes and we
like nice walks with the dog. Can anyone recommend a good site in
Derbyshire with decent facilities, we don't want too many frills but do
appreciate nice shower blocks, a shop and decent pitches

Simon and Kate

Highfields on the Buxton Road in Fenny Bentley just outside Ashbourne
is quite good. Lots of kids, good play area, cycle hire, has an indoor
pool and a path which leads onto Tissington Trail - ideal for cycling.
Showers cost 40p though which is a bummer.

Darwin Country Forest Park in Darley Dale might suit you better, has
an indoor pool and loads of on site activities for kids & adults. It
also has a good pub on site which does excellent meals. Take a look at
their website http://www.pinelodgeholidays.co.uk/darwin_forest.ihtml

....Ludwig