Groundsheet size

Old May 11th 05, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
billy whizz

Default Groundsheet size

We have a new (s/h) van with awning, but no groundsheet.

I haven't the room to trial run the awning at home, so until we get to
our first site I cannot be sure which size groundsheet we need.

the awning rail measures 5.3m or 17'4" at it's widest point. do awnings
drop verticaly from this point or do they continue to fan out? Do I get
an 18' or 20' groundsheet?

I guess any offcuts from a 20' could be useful elsewhere.

--
Jim
North Derbyshire

Replace "nospam" with "henrun" to reply directly.

Old May 11th 05, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

the awning rail measures 5.3m or 17'4" at it's widest point. do awnings
drop verticaly from this point or do they continue to fan out? Do I get
an 18' or 20' groundsheet?

Couple of feet wider at each end. Get one bigger than you think it needs.
You can fold over any excess. Confuses the ants too.
It seems we are committed to perforated groundsheets due to the tree hugging
brigade.
Never could see the point of having a groundsheet with holes in it.
(We put a polythene dustsheet underneath).
DaveK.

Old May 11th 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"davek" wrote in message

Couple of feet wider at each end. Get one bigger than you think it needs.
You can fold over any excess.

And trip over it.

It seems we are committed to perforated groundsheets due to the tree
hugging brigade.
Never could see the point of having a groundsheet with holes in it.
(We put a polythene dustsheet underneath).

Why?

Mary

DaveK.

Old May 12th 05, 01:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message , davek
writes
It seems we are committed to perforated groundsheets due to the tree hugging
brigade.
Never could see the point of having a groundsheet with holes in it.
(We put a polythene dustsheet underneath).
DaveK.

Suppose it's asking too much to expect a numpty to appreciate there's
more to life than his own sad, pointless, existence.
--
Bill

Old May 12th 05, 05:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:53:48 +0100, billy whizz
wrote:

| We have a new (s/h) van with awning, but no groundsheet.
|
| I haven't the room to trial run the awning at home, so until we get to
| our first site I cannot be sure which size groundsheet we need.
|
| the awning rail measures 5.3m or 17'4" at it's widest point. do awnings
| drop verticaly from this point or do they continue to fan out? Do I get
| an 18' or 20' groundsheet?
|
| I guess any offcuts from a 20' could be useful elsewhere.

Get one a little oversize.
Turn the edges under when you have it pitched.
When you get back home cut it to size and sew a simple hem

------
A domestic sewing machine will IME handle a simple hem, but not a double
hem.

Eyelet by hand if you like them

Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Truth on Usenet.
On Usenet Truth is defined by the person or group who shout
longest and loudest. It is not related to any reality.