Help wanted with caravan import feature

Old May 12th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Help wanted with caravan import feature

Folks,

I'm putting together a feature for Which Caravan, on personally
importing a caravan. If you've gone through the process and you're
willing and able to help me with information, could you please get in
touch with me? Whether you've imported a new or used caravan, from
Europe or anywhere else, I'd love to hear from you.

Obviously you can mail me back via this forum, but if you want to get
in touch direct please email me via

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Regards,

Richard Dredge

www.richarddredge.com

Old May 12th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm putting together a feature for Which Caravan, on personally
importing a caravan. ......

Sounds as if that will be a very interesting article and I hope you will
come back here on its completion and give us the issue date of the magazine
so that we might read it.

I've heard that Europeon sold caravans have less features than same model
sold here and if the user who inports wants them they have to be fitted
here. It would be good to know of these and costs involved and comparison
of the dealer imported models with the usual features included.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 12th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Thanks for that David. That of course is something else you could help
me with - letting me know which issues you think should be included in
the article.

Regards,

Richard

Old May 12th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Thanks for that David. That of course is something else you could help
me with - letting me know which issues you think should be included in
the article.

Some makes don't have any low voltage electrics in them. Sockets on the 230V
system will probably be Schuko types, rather than 13A UK types.

Some countries allow sizes larger than the permitted UK maximum,
particularly on width. UK law restricts trailers to something like 2.3m
unless the tow vehicle is over 3.5t.

Gas systems can be different, running fuels at different pressures.

Door can be on the "wrong" side.

Christian.

Old May 12th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

wrote in message
oups.com...
Folks,

I'm putting together a feature for Which Caravan, on personally
importing a caravan. If you've gone through the process and you're
willing and able to help me with information, could you please get in
touch with me? Whether you've imported a new or used caravan, from
Europe or anywhere else, I'd love to hear from you.

Obviously you can mail me back via this forum, but if you want to get
in touch direct please email me via

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Regards,

Richard

Might be worth trying here
http://www.hobby-owners-club.co.uk/f...ce1d652305bea1
Several guys on there have imported Hobbys from German.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk