Kia Sorento for towing

Old May 13th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob Hill

Default Kia Sorento for towing

Thinking of getting a Sorrento for a company / tow car instead of a VW
Passat for work and Mitsubishi Pajero for holidays,

Wondered what they towed like and what fuel consumption is like etc.

Rob.

Old May 16th 05, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kelvin Hubbard

Rob Hill wrote:
Thinking of getting a Sorrento for a company / tow car instead of a VW
Passat for work and Mitsubishi Pajero for holidays,

Wondered what they towed like and what fuel consumption is like etc.

Rob.

We have the 2.5 Diesel XE, excellent tow car, we tow a europa525 at
1330kg and hardly notice the van is there when pulling away at
junctions etc. Cruises nicely. When solo we get about 32 mpg, not
been on any long enough runs yet to work out the towing mpg

Kelvin

Old May 16th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ivan Andrusiak

We have just bought the KIA Sorento XSE 2.5, It is a little thirsty doing
about 25 mpg, around town and a little over 26 mpg on a tank including a
long run. I am told that this will improve as it 'runs in', I am being light
on the pedal honest. We are looking forward to picking up our Fleetwood 640
in August and I am sure it will cope adequately. There's something of a
write up on the Sorento in Practical Caravan, 2 issues ago.
It is a lovely drive, and Anne (T'wife), loves it to bits. I'd recommend it
and look forward to improving fuel consumption. Has any one else found that
economy improves as the diesel engine runs in?

Regards
Drusy

Old May 17th 05, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

"Rob Hill" wrote in message
Thinking of getting a Sorrento ... Wondered what they towed like and what
fuel consumption is like etc.

DAMNED FINE VEHICLE - sorry but I had to get the point across. We bought
one (2.5D) 12 months ago after looking at the Disco/Shogun type and I took
some persuading by the better half that it was a good car. Tows really
well - we tug 1500-odd kg no problem, and stability on the road is really
very good.
Fuel consumption towing is about 20-25mpg (roughly - I've never really been
that bothered to check it accurately), but it depends on then run. We did
here (Stafford) to Portsmouth last year on about half a tank with the van.
Everybody says its really comfortable as a passenger, and the best bit of
all.....miles of autoroute in france with cruise control on, and the
automatci gearbox...it doesnt get much easier.
Around town my wife gets about low-30's MPG so I guess for the size of the
vehicle it's pretty good.

Downside (and this may just be our problem) we seem to have had a few
niggling "warranty" issues that are a pain, but every other owner seems to
have been OK. Again, dealers need a bit of TLC...we are just changing our
dealer for one who we hope will be more suited towards customer care than
turnover ! That again is true of any dealer though.

All in all - I'm glad that I bought one, and saved the money that I'd have
spent on the disco/shogun option.

HTH

Steve

Old May 25th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

I get 29.7-33mpg in my 2.6litre vectra so i assume diesels aernt that
good....plus my 1300kg avaondale towes very very well.....

Old May 25th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad