Eriba opinions please

Old May 15th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Thompson

Default Eriba opinions please

We're thinking of buying an Eriba with a view to year round touring. We
live in Western Scotland. Our current van is a fourteen year old
Avondale Mayfly and we're not sure how much longer its life will be.
Eriba claim that their vans are fully winterised and very easy to tow.
Can anybody out there who owns an Eriba please let me know their pros
and cons. Thanks.
--
Keith Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to
Old May 15th 05, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:10:11 +0100, Keith Thompson
wrote:

We're thinking of buying an Eriba with a view to year round touring. We
live in Western Scotland. Our current van is a fourteen year old
Avondale Mayfly and we're not sure how much longer its life will be.
Eriba claim that their vans are fully winterised and very easy to tow.
Can anybody out there who owns an Eriba please let me know their pros
and cons. Thanks.

I presume you mean the Eriba Puck and similar vans, I can not comment
about those but on the continent my van would be sold as an Eriba Nova
470 and it is very much winterised, inboard water tank, very well
insulated walls, plenty of power in the heating. Our first trip out
was in Feb 2003 when the outside temperature at night was -5 and we
were as snug as a bug in a rug.
The Eriba Puck should be an absolute dream to tow, it is much lower in
profile than any other van and is no wider than your average towcar,
My only query about winterising for these vans is the popup nature of
their roof,

(remove the spam to reply)

Old May 15th 05, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

[...]

If we ever won the lottery (it would be a miracle, we don't buy tickets)
we'd buy an Eriba. Well, we would if our 1960s 400 disintegrated at the same
time.

From what we've seen it's a smashing little van but our 400 has gone through
several well-below freezing Christmases/New Years on a Welsh mountainside
with us still toasty warm that we wouldn't consider changing unless
something drastic happened.

We'd also buy a boat. And a ruined castle. Nothing else appeals to us.

Mary

Old May 20th 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

My only query about winterising for these vans is the popup nature of
their roof,

My mate came with us one winter in a trailer tent in -15 and just turned the
heater up.

Paul