Site near York!

Old August 7th 03, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default Site near York!

Hi,

There was enquiry a while back about for a site close to York. I
replied to that enquiry, but my reply didn't seem to appear so I'll try
again....

A site I regularly use is Home Farm which is between Stillingfleet
(south of York) south of York and Naburn Lock on the B1222. It is not
easily spotted because it is invisible from the road, some half mile
down a track. The entrance is on the left when going north along the
B12222, with a gate on the left and cattle grid to its right both set a
little way in from the main road.... Look for a small, old, white,
wooden and well hidden sign with 'Home Farm' written on it.

I cannot praise this site highly enough, if you want a quiet, friendly
well looked after site at a very reasonable fee of just 8 all in. It
is totally unregulated no warden, no being told where to park or which
way to face. All they do is point you towards the areas which are free
and expect you to conduct yourself reasonably. Most of those there, are
regulars and on first name terms. The owners will not tolerate noisy
behavior, generators etc.. There is no club or shop etc..

The 8 p.B. includes electricity.... no extras for an awning, water,
car, people, dogs or the number of wheels on your caravan.

There are clean well looked after free showers, with even soap and
towels provided if needed, plenty of free hot water, free use of
washing machine (I think), iron and fridge/freezer. There is a free
help yourself well stocked library of books, which you can put a few
coppers into a charity pot if you wish. This seems to be mostly the
result of the regulars donating their no longer wanted books, which I
add to regularly. The regulars do freely muck in to keep an eye on
things when needed, which says a lot for the respect with which the
owners are held. You are pretty much welcome to use anything they have,
providing you do not abuse the privilege and rremember it is a working
farm.

They only sell gas and milk, but will happily help out with other bits
in an emergency. The river Ouse backs onto the the land, which makes
for a good evening walk to occupy a couple of hours.

Booking is usually essential at busy periods as they do not like to in
too many.

Tel 01904 728263 (Pam or Gordon)

Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org