breakdown cover for caravan??

Old May 16th 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan

Default breakdown cover for caravan??

Hi,
Can anyone help on the following situation?

I have a company car which has both AA cover which is roadside
assistance only (this is a manufacturers cover with it being new) and
also an RAC fleet cover on it as the company I work for has all it's
cars covered on this.

Problem...

If I break down, neither the AA or the RAC will touch the caravn, AA
says its manufacturer cover vehicle only, RAC says it's fleet cover
vehicle only. So I rang my company and asked if I could join green
flag (caravan club Mayday), company said no, green flag not allowed to
touch car and green flag say won't insure me for just caravn recovery
because they're not getting a chance at fixing car????

All I want is a recovery insurance for my caravan, has anyone any
idea's?

Thanks
Old May 16th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

All I want is a recovery insurance for my caravan, has anyone any
idea's?

Join Green Flag, car and caravan.
If car breaks down call AA, if caravan breaks down call Green Flag.
DaveK.

Old May 16th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"davek" wrote in message
All I want is a recovery insurance for my caravan, has anyone any
idea's?

Join Green Flag, car and caravan.
If car breaks down call AA, if caravan breaks down call Green Flag.

That is what I do for the car I call Nissan assistance provided by RAC
For caravan I call Green Flag provided through my Smile More Internet Bank
A/c.
I've had to do both and it worked out OK.

You could see if your caravan insurer would give you additional caravan
assistance cover.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 16th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan

On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:28:16 GMT, "David"
wrote:

Join Green Flag, car and caravan.
If car breaks down call AA, if caravan breaks down call Green Flag.

That is what I do for the car I call Nissan assistance provided by RAC
For caravan I call Green Flag provided through my Smile More Internet Bank
A/c.
I've had to do both and it worked out OK.

You could see if your caravan insurer would give you additional caravan
assistance cover.

If car breaks down,yes I call the AA but if they cannot fix it they
said they would take car to nearest garage but not interested in
caravn so leave me stranded with it.?

Old May 16th 05, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alan" wrote in message

If car breaks down,yes I call the AA but if they cannot fix it they
said they would take car to nearest garage but not interested in
caravn so leave me stranded with it.?

Yes I think that is what would happen, that is why I have Geen Flag, I would
get them to come and recover the caravan, to where the car had gone.
OK they might say nothing wrong with caravan when they arrived and not want
to recover it free, but I would then pay them to do the recovery rather than
just leave it at the roadside. In this case I would try to claim it back on
the caravan insurance saying you would not want me to leave it and it
getting damaged or stolen.

I once had insuffient cover on Natioal Breakdown as Green Flag was then, to
cover an incident but still called on them and accepted the charge. Better
to call out someone you know rather than a garage who you do not.

As I said before I would consult your caravan insurer to see what they offer
or advise you, they do have an interest in what happens to the caravan if
you dissappear in an AA/RAC recovery truck leaveing the caravan behind.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 16th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Lander

[...]

Alternative roadside assistance.
I have had excellent service from GEM. http://www.roadsafety.org.uk
And here are a few more to look at:-