Lidl Satellite system

Old May 17th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Lidl Satellite system

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...llite_Receiver

Note that the advert is wrong
This portable set includes all you need to receive free-to-view digital

channels on holiday or at home

It receives *Free to Air* programs not "Free to view". It does not receive
ITV1, Ch4 or Ch5 at the moment. There are rumors on uk.tech.digital-tv
that these channels may become free to air at some unspecified date in the
future.

It will receive the channels listed as *FTA*
http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm

It will *not* work with freesatfromsky as in my sig because it has no slot
for the $ky card.

** Arrive at your local Lidl store before opening and be _first_ in the
queue **
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -

Old May 17th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Dawson

Dave, would you be able to tell me, if you know wether this system be
easy to set-up once you arrived on site ?

Old May 17th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:55:23 GMT, Cliff Dawson wrote:

| Dave, would you be able to tell me, if you know wether this system be
| easy to set-up once you arrived on site ?

It is not too difficult, I have done it on the house dish, but am only
considering getting this sat system, because last weekend I ended up on a
nice little site with no analogue TV because it was surrounded with 50ft
high trees :-(

See http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ for all the technical
information.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
On any Usenet newsgroup, *truth* is defined by the person or
Old May 17th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 17th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Cliff Dawson" wrote in message
Dave, would you be able to tell me, if you know wether this system be
easy to set-up once you arrived on site ?

I find mine difficult to locate the satellite, I think the dish is too
small. No problem at home with a normal 60cm dish.
When I got to the Lidl store last year, allthough I was first in queue I
nearly did not get one. There were only 2 for sale and the lady behind me
got one in one hand before me fortunately her grip with other hand was not
good on the second and I got both my hands on it and pulled gently on it.
I'm not a Lidl person and because there were only 2 it was hard for me to
see them. Think she knew exactly were they would be, and that there would
only be 2 and she was going to have both.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 17th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 17 May 2005 21:12:44 +0100, "Keith"
wrote:

| STAY WELL CLEAR (RUBBISH)
|

| "Cliff Dawson" wrote in message
| Dave, would you be able to tell me, if you know wether this system be
| easy to set-up once you arrived on site ?
|

| On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:30:49 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|
| http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...llite_Receiver
|
| Note that the advert is wrong
| This portable set includes all you need to receive free-to-view
| digital
| channels on holiday or at home
|
| It receives *Free to Air* programs not "Free to view". It does not receive
| ITV1, Ch4 or Ch5 at the moment. There are rumors on uk.tech.digital-tv
| that these channels may become free to air at some unspecified date in the
| future.
|
| It will receive the channels listed as *FTA*
| http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm
|
| It will *not* work with freesatfromsky as in my sig because it has no slot
| for the $ky card.
|
| ** Arrive at your local Lidl store before opening and be _first_ in the
| queue **

I find Lidl stuff middle of the market for quality, bottom of the market
for price.