Cornwall Site Recommendations

Old May 18th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default Cornwall Site Recommendations

Hi all

Well we're off to France next week, so it's time to plan for August bank
holiday week. She Who Must be Obeyed (SWiMBO as she's known) will be 35
weeks pregnant at August, so our travel insurance will not cover her out of
the country, so there goes my second trip to Normandy. Instead we're looking
for a decent site in northern cornwall (or should that be eastern) with some
nice views, if at all possible with beach access/pitches looking out to sea
(ahhh !) and plenty to do for the kids (bearing in mind that it'll be dad
doing all the running around !). In an ideal world, the site will have a
pool complex at least equivalent to a french aquapark (joking !), but a pool
would be good if possible, but not essential.

Cheers n beers

Steve

Old May 18th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Hi all

Well we're off to France next week, so it's time to plan for August bank
holiday week. She Who Must be Obeyed (SWiMBO as she's known) will be 35
weeks pregnant at August, so our travel insurance will not cover her out of
the country, so there goes my second trip to Normandy. Instead we're looking
for a decent site in northern cornwall (or should that be eastern) with some
nice views, if at all possible with beach access/pitches looking out to sea
(ahhh !) and plenty to do for the kids (bearing in mind that it'll be dad
doing all the running around !). In an ideal world, the site will have a
pool complex at least equivalent to a french aquapark (joking !), but a pool
would be good if possible, but not essential.

Cheers n beers

Steve

The caravan Club site at Looe has a swimming pool , that's all I know about that
one.

Geoff Lane lives around that area perhaps he could advise .

But................caravanning on a bank Holiday , you must be a glutton for
punishment.

Good Luck .

DieSea

Old May 18th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"DieSea" wrote in
:

The caravan Club site at Looe has a swimming pool , that's all I know
about that one.

Geoff Lane lives around that area perhaps he could advise .

But................caravanning on a bank Holiday , you must be a
glutton for punishment.

FWIW, Geoff Lane lives in South East Cornwall - and I suspect the OP
meant North / Western!

That said, there's loads of sites near Newquay. Holywell Bay campsite is
next door to the fun park, and Hendra has a lot for kids (including
flumes etc.) However, if want to choose some peace and quiet, the CC site
at Treamble is excellent with level pitches terraced into the side of the
hill - and all the fun of Newquay just ten minutes drive away. Further
North, Trevornick is right next to the beach and has a children's club
and swimming pool; Budemeadows has a pool and is close to Widemouth Bay.

Wherever you choose, book early because all the good sites in the area
get fully booked well in advance of school holidays.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old May 19th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lloyd and Sarah

Ahh driving to Cornwall on a bank holiday weekend

My parents live in Falmouth, and a normal (pre baby daughter) journey is/was
6 half hours from Leeds, we have driven it on one bank holiday weekend and
will never again...9 hours on a thursday night... prepare yourself and your
wife!

WHy not stick to the south coast? Pentuin Sands (bad spelling i know) just
outside St Austel, lovelly site

Have a nice one and perhaps see you down there (we are going week before!)

Lloyd and Sarah

Old May 19th 05, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Well we're off to France next week, so it's time to plan for August bank
holiday week. She Who Must be Obeyed (SWiMBO as she's known) will be 35
weeks pregnant at August,

The last place I would want to be in August when 35 weeks pregnant is
Cornwall. You'll need an air ambulance if there are any complications. Have
you ever seen the traffic down there?

Christian.

Old May 24th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

The last place I would want to be in August when 35 weeks pregnant is
Cornwall. You'll need an air ambulance if there are any complications.

Have
you ever seen the traffic down there?

Yes

Have you used the A39 to bypass Goss Moor?

Off to Cornwall on Friday!!!!