Carver Euro Mover Fault

Old May 18th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry

Default Carver Euro Mover Fault

I have a Carver Euro Mover fitted to my Avondale Argente, this was
refitted from my previous Eccles Topaz, both originally bought new May
2002.
Problem whith the Euro Mover in reverse, it has an intermitant fault
where it switchs on & off causing the van to judder, the dealer said it
was the control box, then said it just needed adjusting sadly not
solving the problem, cost to replace the control box 200.00.
Anybody got a solution to help or know a supplier of control boxs.
The unit also when going forward tends to steer to the left, any help
gratefully recieved.

Gerry McKenzie

Old May 18th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Gerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Carver Euro Mover fitted to my Avondale Argente, this was
refitted from my previous Eccles Topaz, both originally bought new May
2002.
Problem whith the Euro Mover in reverse, it has an intermitant fault
where it switchs on & off causing the van to judder, the dealer said it
was the control box, then said it just needed adjusting sadly not
solving the problem, cost to replace the control box 200.00.
Anybody got a solution to help or know a supplier of control boxs.
The unit also when going forward tends to steer to the left, any help
gratefully recieved.

Does it have a 3 year warranty?
If it does get it off to the orginal supplier or maker quickly.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 18th 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Gerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Carver Euro Mover fitted to my Avondale Argente, this was
refitted from my previous Eccles Topaz, both originally bought new May
2002.
Problem whith the Euro Mover in reverse, it has an intermitant fault
where it switchs on & off causing the van to judder, the dealer said it
was the control box, then said it just needed adjusting sadly not
solving the problem, cost to replace the control box 200.00.
Anybody got a solution to help or know a supplier of control boxs.
The unit also when going forward tends to steer to the left, any help
gratefully recieved.

Gerry McKenzie

Switching on and off is usually the hand set batteries being a bit weak,
stange that is onlt happening in reverse though. Do you stand in a different
place when reversing? Driving to one side or the other, again, usually means
that the adjustment is different side to side, although a soft tyre will
have the same effect.

Cheers

Old May 18th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I had a problem with mine juddering and then stopping until I pressed the
reset button; in my case it was being caused by the battery voltage
dropping. Have fitted a new battery now and all is well.
My caravan steers to the right when going forward, this is being caused by
the off-centre jockey wheel.
"Gerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Carver Euro Mover fitted to my Avondale Argente, this was
snip
snip

Old May 20th 05, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Had the same problem Had a word with the rep at the Goose fair meet who then
sent me some ferrite beads to put over the supply cables & told me to
shorten the aerial all at no charge & my mover is over 5 years old. Not bad
after sales is it. suggest you give them a ring.
oups.com...

Old May 27th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry

MANY THANKS to all that replied with valuble information.
I contacted Truma who by return sent me the Ferrite beads and
instructions, sadly they only sent one pair of beads (one for ach motor
placed on the positive lead as near to the connection as possible) this
has made a great improvement, I have yet to shorten the arial and
possibly purchase another set of beads as the twin axel models have a
bead on each lead (positive & negative)
Many thanks for all your help
Gerry McKenzie

arthur norman wrote:
Had the same problem Had a word with the rep at the Goose fair meet who then
sent me some ferrite beads to put over the supply cables & told me to
shorten the aerial all at no charge & my mover is over 5 years old. Not bad
after sales is it. suggest you give them a ring.
oups.com...