TV Booster

Old May 19th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default TV Booster

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good tv booster. The last two sites we've been on the
reception has been pretty poor so I'm looking for something to improve the
quality

TIA
Steve

Old May 19th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:04:56 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

| Hi
| Can anyone recommend a good tv booster. The last two sites we've been on the
| reception has been pretty poor so I'm looking for something to improve the
| quality

What aerial are you using?
Is it pointed in the right direction? see. http://www.wolfbane.com/
UK analogue TV reception predictor and UK digital TV reception predictor

All the sites I seem to end up on are surrounded by 50-100ft high trees,
which often means no TV even with a booster :-(

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
On any Usenet newsgroup, *truth* is defined by the person or
Old May 19th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 19th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:04:56 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

| Hi
| Can anyone recommend a good tv booster. The last two sites we've been on
the
| reception has been pretty poor so I'm looking for something to improve
the
| quality

What aerial are you using?
Is it pointed in the right direction? see. http://www.wolfbane.com/
UK analogue TV reception predictor and UK digital TV reception predictor

All the sites I seem to end up on are surrounded by 50-100ft high trees,
which often means no TV even with a booster :-(

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
On any Usenet newsgroup, *truth* is defined by the person or
group who shout longest and loudest.
It is not related to any reality. :-(

I'm just using the normal omnidirectional area on the top of the caravan.
The last site did have trees around but the nearest was about 20 mtrs away,
but we were backed up onto a hedge of blackberry bushes about 3 mtrs high.

Steve

Old May 19th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Old May 19th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:06:18 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

I'm just using the normal omnidirectional area on the top of the caravan.
The last site did have trees around but the nearest was about 20 mtrs away,
but we were backed up onto a hedge of blackberry bushes about 3 mtrs high.

These aerials are notably useless, you need a directional aerial. With
a reasonable aerial on a longish pole you should be able to get
reasonable reception in most places. I took the easy way out last year
and bought an aerial from a caravan dealer, I think I could have
bought a better aerial but the pole and fixings are just the job for
caravanning. The pole comes in three sections and I have two clamps
one of which holds the bottom rail on the caravan and the other holds
the awning rail ( on the side opposite the awing ), it's easy to
erect, easy to adjust, easy to take down and I can stand by a window
and turn the aerial until I get a decent picture.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old May 19th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:06:18 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

| I'm just using the normal omnidirectional area on the top of the caravan.
| The last site did have trees around but the nearest was about 20 mtrs away,
| but we were backed up onto a hedge of blackberry bushes about 3 mtrs high.

The Status ones are crap and you can not add an amplifier.

Old May 19th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 19th 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:06:18 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

| I'm just using the normal omnidirectional area on the top of the caravan.
| The last site did have trees around but the nearest was about 20 mtrs away,
| but we were backed up onto a hedge of blackberry bushes about 3 mtrs high.

The Status ones are crap and you can not add an amplifier.

Funny, I've got a Status one with an amplifier, and I find it pretty
good even on our seasonal pitch, under trees and tucked up under a hill.
--
hugh