How much gas ?

Old May 20th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default How much gas ?

Ok silly question time...if my part full gas bottle weighs 11.4kg and my
fully empty one weighs 8.2kg, does that mean that I have 3.2kg of gas left ?
Fairly simply you'd have thought ? Dunno - somebody will probably know the
correct answer.

Also, will my 3.2kg (if that's correct) see me through 3 weeks in France
with BBQ use each night ?

TIA

Steve

Old May 20th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Steve Bowyer said the following on 20/05/2005 19:25:
Ok silly question time...if my part full gas bottle weighs 11.4kg and my
fully empty one weighs 8.2kg, does that mean that I have 3.2kg of gas left ?
Fairly simply you'd have thought ? Dunno - somebody will probably know the
correct answer.

Also, will my 3.2kg (if that's correct) see me through 3 weeks in France
with BBQ use each night ?

TIA

Steve

The cylinder should have its empty weight stamped or stencilled on
somewhere

Roy

Old May 20th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:25:17 GMT, "Steve Bowyer"
wrote:

| Ok silly question time...if my part full gas bottle weighs 11.4kg and my
| fully empty one weighs 8.2kg, does that mean that I have 3.2kg of gas left ?
| Fairly simply you'd have thought ? Dunno - somebody will probably know the
| correct answer.
|
| Also, will my 3.2kg (if that's correct) see me through 3 weeks in France
| with BBQ use each night ?

I have a 907 Camping Gaz bottle, with regulator which I can refill almost
anywhere, at a *cost*.

I even have a spare if anyone wants one, near Bradford/Halifax

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Beware of anyone posting X-No-Archive yes,
Old May 20th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 20th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Roy" wrote in message

snip

The cylinder should have its empty weight stamped or stencilled on
somewhere

Roy

On the aluminium 'collar' round the top for Calor (and they vary a bit from
cylinder to cylinder).

But in a triumph of confusion, though the contents are sold in kg, the tare
(empty) weight on the collar is in pounds and ounces!!

Weigh the part-full bottle (kg)

Convert the tare weight to kg and subtract it

I think I'd want more than 3.2kg for three weeks in France (hook-ups are
often so low powered water-heating on electricity is not on)

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old May 20th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Does the OP not have a full one as well?
Most people carry at least 2 cylinders even in UK.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 20th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 20th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

"David" wrote .... Does the OP not have a full one as well?

Ah well until last winter yes we did carry two - but decided on winter
vanning so swapped one empty blue for a full red, on the basis that we would
stick to using red all year round, and when the other blue ran out, we'd
swap that for a red one too. Problem is we've been using red on the van
(now 3.2kg left) and blue for home BBQ-ing (now also about half full ?). So
yes we have 2 bottles, but one of each colour and I want to empty the blue
one so I can swap for another red. I want to avoid swapping regulators
whilst we are away (just cos I can't be bothered) but accept that this might
be my best solution.

Steve