Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

Old August 7th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham

Default Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

ahhh - shold read 1 POOR not pure - it passed the spell checker !.
Graham wrote in message
Hi all,

I've just travelled from the english mids to central scotland and back

over
the weekend. During the trip I was amazed to see so many vans with flat
tyres. One pure caravanner had the flat on the outside so was correctly
waiting for the recovery vehicle. Folks were stopping to assist others so

didn't feel too bad just passing by.

My point .... a mate took delivery of a Rover200 MG. No spare tyre - just

canister of repair and reinflate. Ok if a puncture but useless if

ripped.
Has anyone used such a thing on a van. It woudl have saved so many of

htose
caravanners last week if they had a can. I read you can travel at 30mph

get the repair done properly. cans cost 4.50 so it seems like a good

idea.
Its no substitute for a spare wheel - but is quicker and easier to pop in
the flat whilst stuck on the hard shoulder.

Any experiences.....

thanks in advance

Graham