Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

Old August 7th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:14:20 +0100, "Graham"
wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I've just travelled from the english mids to central scotland and back over
| the weekend. During the trip I was amazed to see so many vans with flat
| tyres. One pure caravanner had the flat on the outside so was correctly
| waiting for the recovery vehicle. Folks were stopping to assist others so I
| didn't feel too bad just passing by.
|
| My point .... a mate took delivery of a Rover200 MG. No spare tyre - just a
| canister of repair and reinflate.

With a flat on the car you notice the problem, and stop.

With a flat on a van you do not notice till too late, and you have a
shredded tyre.

Dave F
Old August 8th 03, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I've just travelled from the english mids to central scotland and back

over
| the weekend. During the trip I was amazed to see so many vans with flat
| tyres. One pure caravanner had the flat on the outside so was correctly
| waiting for the recovery vehicle. Folks were stopping to assist others

so I
| didn't feel too bad just passing by.
|
| My point .... a mate took delivery of a Rover200 MG. No spare tyre -

just a
| canister of repair and reinflate.

With a flat on the car you notice the problem, and stop.

With a flat on a van you do not notice till too late, and you have a
shredded tyre.

Dave F

Agreed, I have had 3 punctures on the caravan over the years. All 3 have
shredded the tyre before I noticed and stopped.

John