Freeview & Status Omni

Old May 23rd 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Land Rover Man

Default Freeview & Status Omni

Hi

Has anyone got experience of using a Freeview box with a Status omni
with booster on camp sites

I've tried my cheap Sagem box in the Caravan on the drive after
pre-tuning it in the house first and it works fine but with slightly
lower signal strength/quality than in the house but we're quite lucky
as we get a good signal here.

I re-tuned it in the van and got all the same channels back so I'm
thinking of taking it with us next time we go away.

So any reports on using freeview at West Runton (or any other CC / CCC
sites) welcome, I may even put a database together on the web if we
can get some reports going.

Martin

Old May 23rd 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Land Rover Man" wrote in message

snip

So any reports on using freeview at West Runton (or any other CC / CCC
sites) welcome, I may even put a database together on the web if we
can get some reports going.

Martin

You may find the digital reception predictor at www.wolfbane.co.uk useful.

Using the West Runton site Postcode, it says 'not a chance'.

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old May 23rd 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Land Rover Man

Thanks Bob

Doesn't look good does it ! 100% no chance

I wonder if they are going to equip the local re-broadcast transmitter
you can see from the site with digital in the future.

I'll probably take the box anyway and see what happens?

Often at West Runton if conditions are right we get stations from
europe (dutch I think) If nothing else is on analogue perhaps I'll
resort to those (lol)

Mart

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:16:32 +0100, "Bob Douglas"
wrote:

"Land Rover Man" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Old May 23rd 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Land Rover Man" wrote in message
Hi

Has anyone got experience of using a Freeview box with a Status omni
with booster on camp sites

Yes it worked ok in a strong signal area.
In less strong areas I used my seperate directional aerial.
In one location with the Freeview and Status we were recieving digital from
2 different transmitters which meant it asked for a retune each morning. I
put the directional one up to stop this.

Please reply to News Group.

Old May 23rd 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Land Rover Man

Thanks, sounds like it's worth a try and I'll dig out the Uni that I
had for the old van just in case.

The geography of the West Runton sites should make it interesting,
failing that it's the scanner or the short wave radio, (sadly I'm one
of those who can't relax unless I'm doing something or "fiddling" as
the wife calls it).

Martin

Old May 23rd 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

So any reports on using freeview at West Runton (or any other CC / CCC
sites) welcome, I may even put a database together on the web if we
can get some reports going.

Martin

You may find the digital reception predictor at www.wolfbane.co.uk useful.

Using the West Runton site Postcode, it says 'not a chance'.

But using the clickable map on the site
http://www.wolfbane.com/articles/ukdcmap2.htm
it suggests that you should get reception with a normal caravan type
aerial.

(remove the spam to reply)