Steady lock?

Old May 23rd 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

Default Steady lock?

Hi

Has anyone seen where I can purchase security locks for the steadies? i

Thanks

Mike

Old May 23rd 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

In message , Mike R
writes
Hi

Has anyone seen where I can purchase security locks for the steadies? i

Thanks

Mike

Available at most caravan dealers and from Towsure (www.towsure.co.uk)
and priced, if I recall correctly, about 17.50 each
--
John Bradbury

Old May 23rd 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

"John Bradbury" wrote in message

In message , Mike R
writes
Hi

Has anyone seen where I can purchase security locks for the steadies? i

Thanks

Mike

Available at most caravan dealers and from Towsure (www.towsure.co.uk) and
priced, if I recall correctly, about 17.50 each
--
John Bradbury

Thanks John, I checked towsure, they were 40 (ish) for the pair . I
couldnt see from the picture how they fit - anyone know?

Regards

Mike

Old May 23rd 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Thanks John, I checked towsure, they were 40 (ish) for the pair . I
couldnt see from the picture how they fit - anyone know?

I bought one from Sunlite Caravans Wirral. They were marked 20 each, but as
the packaging was a bit bust they were selling them off for a tenner. One
without a box I haggled another ten percent off.
I think you'd only need one - if a thief was bothered to remove that he'd be
able to take off four.
I have a conglomeration of security devices which I've acquired over the
years.
Wheel clamp, steady lock, hitchlock, easyfit alarm (it talks at you) which
fulfils the insurance discount requirement for a 'tilt' alarm. Tag on the
door to pull the cord from a personal alarm, shed alarm (10 from B&Q). And
the best - a radio pir that sends a signal to a receiver (which you can
carry about with you) if an intruder enters the van.
The receiver is the size of a cigarette packet and sounds a musical chime.
Found that in a market type general shop for only 6.99.(I got the last).
Electro GuardWatch-made in China and marketed by CIPL,Sydney.
The steady lock is a revolving sleeve on a steel cylinder which fits over
the hexagon of the corner steady. The cylinder has two small threaded holes
with grubscrews which are tightened onto the hexagon with an allen key. Then
you slide the sleeve over and secure it with a key- similar to most security
car wheel locks, and probably as difficult to remove if you lost the key.
DaveK.

Old May 25th 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I made my own with 2 cuttings of angle iron, they slot into each other and
lock with padlock; when fitted they not only cover the hex head but also
prevent anyone turning the threaded rod with a stillson (or similar). If
anyone interested I can send a digital photo.

Old May 26th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

"Mike R" wrote in message
Hi

Has anyone seen where I can purchase security locks for the steadies? i

Thanks

Mike

Yes please Stewart, could you send it to : ?

Thanks

Mike