Annecy area

Old May 23rd 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Rawbone

Default Annecy area

We're off to the Annecy area in a few weeks time. Can anyone recommend good sites in
that part of the world? We're probably going via the A6 - which is the best way of
(towing) from say, Beaune?

Thanks and 'appy vannin'

Peter
Old May 24th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Falla

Stayed on Camping Le Solitaire du Lac at St Jorioz last August, we have no
choice my wife is a teacher. Site was full, although gradually got quieter
as the month progressed so suspect at this time of year would be quiet. In
August looked very regimented with every pitch occupied, individual pitches
varied in size ours was quite small but adequate for our needs. Found the
facilities kept very cleaned and site was central for touring all around
lake Annecy. Added bonus for us was that across the playing field attached
to the site (about 200 yards) was the start of a path where you could walk
for miles along the side of the lake, never did find the end. Also along
this path a 10 / 15 minute walk to the boat for Annecy.

If you are cyclists there is a cycle / roller-skating / walking path that
goes from Annecy to beyond the other end of the lake again about 200 yards
inland from site.

I went across country from Calais picking up the N6 and going to
Chalon-S-Saone and then Tournus. Took D 975 to Borg en Bresse but then took
Autoroute A40 junctions 5 to 11 followed by N508 to Annecy. could have gone
on the D979 / N508 but I thought the climb into the mountains was easier on
the Autoroute, toll was 10.50 Euros.

If you want any further info contact me, (sad but I still have route, photos
and camp site brochure) I will try and help.

Tony Falla

Old May 24th 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

"Peter Rawbone" wrote in message
We're off to the Annecy area in a few weeks time. Can anyone recommend
good sites in
that part of the world? We're probably going via the A6 - which is the
best way of
(towing) from say, Beaune?

I stayed in Talloires. Here
http://www.lachapellesaintclaude.com/anglais/index.php
It was clean, toilets and showers, and friendly. Three brothers ran it.

An L shape layout. Beautiful access to lake.

There was a slightly better,view outlook, one up the rd but it was sloping
and
above the rd.

Nick

Old May 25th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barsar

We stayed near Annecy about 5 years ago. A lovely place not far from
the lake with good walking country nearby.

We stayed at Camping la Ravoire. Here's the link -

http://www.camping-la-ravoire.fr/

Medium site run by a young french couple. It's very clean, good sized
pitches, nice views and a short distance into Annecy. We plan to make a
return visit someday. There were plany of pitches available in early
June.

Good luck

Barry S