Offside caravan doors a problem?

Old May 24th 05, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Offside caravan doors a problem?

I am about to buy our first caravan and considering one of the German
makes which are good value when nearly new. They have doors on the
offside and I was wondering how much of a problem this is on UK sites,
especially if it has an awning.
We are also hoping to have holidays in northern Europe and have
considered that the problem is reversed if we get a UK van, perhaps
more so?
Your experiences appreciated. Thanks. Colin.

Old May 24th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

The wrong side door is IMO a great problem as when stopped in a layby or
continental Rest Area with the steadies down for a cupa you get out on the
wrong side where other drivers are not expecting you to be. This is as
much a problem as the driver being on the wrong side of a car on the
continent.

Been caravanning in France and Spain for years. Not a problem. Can't
remember any incident or even minor irritation.
DaveK.

Old May 24th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to buy our first caravan and considering one of the German
makes which are good value when nearly new. They have doors on the
offside and I was wondering how much of a problem this is on UK sites,

Unless you go to some sad site where you're packed in or it's regimented it
makes no difference.

especially if it has an awning.

No difference

We are also hoping to have holidays in northern Europe and have
considered that the problem is reversed if we get a UK van, perhaps
more so?

Don't even consider buying a particular van cos the door's in a particular
place. It's so rare that you can only pull up close to the road where your
door opens on to it that the problems insignificant.

Rgds

Andy R