Cot/Bed side rails

Old May 24th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS

Default Cot/Bed side rails

Does anyone know of a bed rail I can use in my van to stop my year old
daughter falling out of the bottom bunk?

Old May 24th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"jon GIBBS" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a bed rail I can use in my van to stop my year old
daughter falling out of the bottom bunk?

They sell them in Argos and other such places (I can't remember where we got
ours), you just tuck them under the mattress. Bearing in mind that caravan
mattresses are thinner than normal ones make sure she can't get her head
between the mattress and the first rung.

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 24th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS

I looked at the Argos one but it said only suitable for beds over 75cms.
Will it fit under a smaller bed?

Old May 24th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"jon GIBBS" wrote in message
I looked at the Argos one but it said only suitable for beds over 75cms.
Will it fit under a smaller bed?

Try Argos part no 375/7501, looks like it'll do the job and as the net goes
right down to the bed base no danger of heads getting stuck under it.

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 24th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"jon GIBBS" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a bed rail I can use in my van to stop my year old
daughter falling out of the bottom bunk?

Has she ever fallen out?

Mary

Old May 24th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

"jon GIBBS" wrote
Does anyone know of a bed rail I can use in my van to stop my year old
daughter falling out of the bottom bunk?

We use argos item 375/3701 and it works a treat - it sits nicely under the
mattress/seats or whatever is in your van, and folds down too so it can be
stored in the wardrobe. We've never had a "bump in the night" (touch wood) -
our littlest monster wriggles for England in bed, so if it can keep him in,
it should keep king kong in ! Well perhaps not, but you know what I mean !

HTH

Steve