Recommended Sites in South Wales

Old May 24th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew Cosway

Default Recommended Sites in South Wales

We are hoping to spend two weeks in the south of Wales this year. Having
never been there before I would be grateful for any advice or
recommendations, our requirements would be a family site not too loud, don't
necessarily require evening entertainment but would like swimming pool and
be as close as possible to sandy beaches, clean shower units and washup
facilities will also be required.

We were considering areas around Saundersfoot or Tenby would but certainly
look at others if anyone can offer other recommendations.

Appreciate any help

Regards

Andy

Old May 24th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Freshwater East, Gowerton, near Swansea, Pembrey Country Park and
St.David's, Pembrokeshire, all are Caravan Club sites.

--
All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Old May 25th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

We were considering areas around Saundersfoot or Tenby would but certainly
look at others if anyone can offer other recommendations.

No doubt others will be recommending Kiln Park - not for me.
DaveK.

Old May 25th 05, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

The Clubs sites are always busy...i have pics of a site near brecon
www.pencelli-castle.co.uk

keep away from manorbier they charged us 19 quid a night and then wanted
shower money - site a dump stuck next to seasonals that had grass 12 inches
high within there awnings....we left a night early....no wonder the robbing
****s only took full payment on phone and not a deposit-- stupid wife paid
it......

Old May 26th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew Cosway

No doubt others will be recommending Kiln Park - not for me.
DaveK.

I did phone Kiln Park after seeing it on the net, phoned them up and
requested the cost for a 2 week hol in August for a family of 4 with awning
and hookup, they plug the details into their pricing software and back came
the total cost of 632, I did suggest that the sum might be wrong and
requested a check of the sums but they insisted that this was the cost.

Far be it for me to suggest that this was wrong......but it does work out at
over 44 per night quite expensive I think, surely their sums must be wrong,
has anyone else paid this sum?

Regards

Andy

Old May 26th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:05:00 +0100, Andrew Cosway in message
wrote:

No doubt others will be recommending Kiln Park - not for me.
DaveK.

I did phone Kiln Park after seeing it on the net, phoned them up and
requested the cost for a 2 week hol in August for a family of 4 with awning
and hookup, they plug the details into their pricing software and back came
the total cost of 632, I did suggest that the sum might be wrong and
requested a check of the sums but they insisted that this was the cost.

Far be it for me to suggest that this was wrong......but it does work out at
over 44 per night quite expensive I think, surely their sums must be wrong,
has anyone else paid this sum?

No, but I just looked online, and for one week starting 8th August, 2
adults 2 children, with awing gives 241 for a basic pitch, 307 with
electric, and 332 for a super pitch (includes water and electric hook up
from a pillar at the pitch, and some drainage).

So yes, expensive :-(

I don't remember it being anything remotely approaching that when we stayed
a few years ago, but that was an October weekend.

--
Alex Heney
Global Villager