Blackmailed with static Tourer!

Old May 25th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

Default Blackmailed with static Tourer!

Hi

Mid season and just been told we have to pay 75 towards cost of new
barriers. The site already has secure gates and the owners house yet its
45+30 deposit.

If we refuse what happens? we lose the rest of the years fees? greddy
*******s.

At least the other year we had some sort of chance to move when they started
metering the electric...yet we didnt receive any reduction in the seaonall
fees! infact it went up 2%..plus the 120 we spend on electricity.

Old May 25th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Mid season and just been told we have to pay 75 towards cost of new
barriers.

At least you can tow it away. I could never understand why anyone would get
involved with a mobile home park, where it's well known that tenants have
absolutely no rights and the landowner can make any charges he
likes-including charging for putting on, taking off, connecting water,
disconnecting water, connecting electricity, disconnecting electricity,
having to sell to him at a low price so he can sell it to your purchaser at
a high price - and demanding charges for anything else he dreams up.
DaveK.

Old May 25th 05, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

Yes thats why they have done it mid year cos loads of people moved off...its
a v nice site but we like to have 3 one week hols also but he farts about
and so it puts u off...and why we wont buy a static we have seen a few progs
about them been stung

Old May 25th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Seroxat Mad" john(at)thestottfamily(dot)co(dot)uk wrote in message
Yes thats why they have done it mid year cos loads of people moved off...its
a v nice site but we like to have 3 one week hols also but he farts about
and so it puts u off...and why we wont buy a static we have seen a few progs
about them been stung

Do everyone a favour .

Name him and shame him , then we know who then to boycott.

I must admit that recently we've though of getting a bigger van and sighting it
semi-permanently .

The Clio does 60 mpg + , The Espace we're lucky if we get 17 mpg when towing and
only 25 mpg when solo. Still the Espace is a dream to tow with.

DieSea

Old May 25th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

Its a site at Ripon...he was a spanner monkey before he got money when his
dad died and dont think she done much that needed a brain...

have a merc in the garage that is never used....whats wrong with a vectra it
would do them for what they need....oh i forgot they need it for when they
go shopping and to van shows trying to be what they arn't basically.....i
thought our site fees should pay towards gates etc....hey next time i want
to spend something to increase my propert/land i could ask them....yes i am
sure thay would ...arseholes

Old May 25th 05, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

and why we wont buy a static we have seen a few progs
about them been stung

There's one near us, north Wirral which featured on Watchdog. Coincidentally
the power to the site failed at 7.0pm, just before the programme was
broadcast.
Another similar scam is timeshare, which is sold as a benefit to punters
when it's a huge ripoff.
Pay 10,000 down for one week a year in an apartment.
Pay 300 each year for 'maintenance'.
Cost per year to you (based on lost interest at 5%, but probably more 'cos
most people borrow the money at extortionate rates),= 800. That's a lot for
one week's rent of an apartment.
Plus the charge to sign up to RCI -Resorts Condominiums International, so
you can swap youtr week to somewhere more exotic, paying a fee to them, plus
charges, plus ripoff air fare prices because they won't guarantee you a slot
unless you book travel through them.
How do I know this? Friends got conned into it. Someone else inherited six
timeshare weeks at places around the world. The maintenance charges would
cost them 1800 a year so they sold them for the best price they could
get....600.
DaveK.