Treamble Valley site Cornwall

Old May 25th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Treamble Valley site Cornwall

Hello,

We are booked into the Treamble Valley site Cornwall, with standard pitch
with awning for 10 nights in June, recommended and booked via the Caravan
Club.

Has anyone stayed at this site who can comment on it in any way, best
pitches, views, best places to visit, eat out etc.

Any views welcome.

Many thanks

Steve

Old May 25th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Stephen Reed" wrote in
:

We are booked into the Treamble Valley site Cornwall, with standard
pitch with awning for 10 nights in June, recommended and booked via
the Caravan Club.

Has anyone stayed at this site who can comment on it in any way, best
pitches, views, best places to visit, eat out etc.

We stayed there a few years ago. Nice site up to the usual CC standard
with a variety of pitches from secluded to open paddocks. The site is on
one side of the valley and terraced to provide level pitches. Views are
across to the other side of the valley and you can't see the sea, which
is only over the next hill. The main road through the site is fairly
steep and beware the speed hump on the way out. It's tempting to "take a
run at it" and the week I was there two left parts of their exhaust
systems on that speed hump.

Newquay is about a quarter of an hour's drive in one direction and
Peranporth less than ten minutes in the other. Allegedly, there is also a
path to the nearby beach. You didn't say what you were looking for, but
there's stacks to see and do in Cornwall and even Land's End is only
about forty miles away. Closer is the Holywell Bay fun park (assuming
kids), while Flambards (in Helston), Goonhilly Satelite Earth Station and
Gweek Seal Sanctuary are each less than thirty miles away.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old May 26th 05, 06:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Was at the site three weeks ago. The wash/shower block has recently been
refurbished and is amoung the best we have seen.

Some of grass pitches (and I think its only a few) are prone to water
logging following a heavy downpour - on arrival I suggest you ask the
wardens who are very helpful.

Hope you like rabbits !

Mike

Old May 26th 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Mike" wrote in :

Hope you like rabbits !

Oh! I forgot that - it was like Watership Down, and a lot of them had mixy,
when I was there. If you have a dog, make sure it doesn't get loose!

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK