RAC Arrival

Old May 25th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default RAC Arrival

Today we had the renewal for this, going on for 100. It includes retrieval
for caravan or trailer. We toyed with the idea of cancelling it but instead
thought that the cost of a tow to a garage could be at least as much as that
if we needed it so decided to let it go.

This afternoon Spouse's scooter developed a fault (i.e. wouldn't go) at
busy-busy time in the city centre. I was alone at home and wouldn't be able
to shuffle the necessary trailer round a large and heavy one to go for him.
Useful Sprog is in Nottingham - they choose their times don't they! I also
had an appointment at 6pm which I didn't want to cancel, having let the
woman down last week.

So I rang RAC. The reply was extremely courteous, I had all the information
to hand. He rang Spouse and told him how long he'd have to wait. Spouse
didn't need to wait as long as that. The fault was attended to and the RAC
man followed him home to make sure that he got there.

We've never had any complaint about RAC (not that we've ever had much need
for them) but this has confirmed our decision to renew for a twenty
somethingth year.

Mary

Old May 26th 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
. net:

We've never had any complaint about RAC (not that we've ever had much
need for them) but this has confirmed our decision to renew for a
twenty somethingth year.

We switched to Arrival a couple of years ago, when we noticed the AA had
snuck in some exclusions that meant they no longer guaranteed to recover
our caravan (it's only a 5-metre 'van, but 18ft 6in including the drawbar).
Even after forking out to join the CCC, we saved about forty quid compared
to the AA's charges.

After a garage had failed to properly refit the oil filler cap after a
service, my wife had to call them out. Very courteous and helpful patrol
got her car going again - and he even spent twenty minutes or so and half a
roll of paper towels cleaning oil off just about everything in the engine
bay.

Like you, I feel I definitely made the right decision to switch to Arrival,
and it was worth joining the CCC for that alone.

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old May 26th 05, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
billy whizz

Mary Fisher wrote:
We've never had any complaint about RAC (not that we've ever had much need
for them) but this has confirmed our decision to renew for a twenty
somethingth year.

Mary

I have been a member for 20yrs this year, when I have needed them they
have been prompt, courteous and proficient. I haven't used them while
towing, but am sorely tempted to join ccc next year instead of cc to
take advantage of the caravan cover.

I guess the only niggle I have is it would be nice to receive a handbook
once in a while or even a nice radiator badge after 10 or 20 years
membership.

--
Jim
North Derbyshire

Replace "nospam" with "henrun" to reply directly.

Old May 26th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"billy whizz" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
We've never had any complaint about RAC (not that we've ever had much
need for them) but this has confirmed our decision to renew for a twenty
somethingth year.

Mary

I have been a member for 20yrs this year, when I have needed them they
have been prompt, courteous and proficient. I haven't used them while
towing, but am sorely tempted to join ccc next year instead of cc to take
advantage of the caravan cover.

I guess the only niggle I have is it would be nice to receive a handbook
once in a while or even a nice radiator badge after 10 or 20 years
membership.

Oh come on! You could use your old one, as we do :-)

But they won't salute you as they drive past! Too busy keepingtheir eyes on
the road, quite rightly.

We joined when we had the Triumph Mayflower, in those days you could join
when you called them out to a breakdown. For some reason we let it lapse but
we enjoy the CCC deal.

Mary