I hate speed bumps

Old August 7th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default I hate speed bumps

Found a roundabout without road signs, last Friday, and ended up going
through a village with speed bumps. We were doing quite well putting the
wheels on each side of the bumps, till I was forced to hit one head on, at
only about 20mph.

When we got to the camp site most things from the food cupboard were on the
floor. Worst a jar of blackcurrent jam had landed on its lid which had
come off. Blackcurrent jam all over the carpet.

Luckily we had a spray can of foam cleaner, so cleaning up was not too bad.

Next job is to put a bit if 50mm * 4mm wood at the front of the cupboard
to stop things bouncing out.

*I hate speed bumps*

Dave F
Old August 7th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

*I hate speed bumps*

Dave F

So do I - Particularly when pulling a caravan!

One of my least favourite bits of road is the last mile into the CC Black
Knowl campsite at Brockenhurst in the New Forest. There must be about 10
speed bumps in quick succession - and really leathal ones. After my last
stay there, I vowed never to use that site again, and to stick with the
Forestry Commission sites.

Roger

Old August 7th 03, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
Found a roundabout without road signs, last Friday, and ended up going
through a village with speed bumps. We were doing quite well putting the
wheels on each side of the bumps, till I was forced to hit one head on, at
only about 20mph.

When we got to the camp site most things from the food cupboard were on

the
floor. Worst a jar of blackcurrent jam had landed on its lid which had
come off. Blackcurrent jam all over the carpet.

Luckily we had a spray can of foam cleaner, so cleaning up was not too

bad.

Next job is to put a bit if 50mm * 4mm wood at the front of the cupboard
to stop things bouncing out.

*I hate speed bumps*

Dave F

Slow down. No problem.

Harry

Old August 8th 03, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:04:22 +0000 (UTC), "Harry Rogers"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| Found a roundabout without road signs, last Friday, and ended up going
| through a village with speed bumps. We were doing quite well putting the
| wheels on each side of the bumps, till I was forced to hit one head on, at
| only about 20mph.
|
| When we got to the camp site most things from the food cupboard were on
| the
| floor. Worst a jar of blackcurrent jam had landed on its lid which had
| come off. Blackcurrent jam all over the carpet.
|
| Luckily we had a spray can of foam cleaner, so cleaning up was not too
| bad.
|
| Next job is to put a bit if 50mm * 4mm wood at the front of the cupboard
| to stop things bouncing out.
|
| *I hate speed bumps*
|
| Dave F
|
| Slow down. No problem.

To 5 mph, as bill suggests in this thread?
I do not mind sticking to speed limits, but that is ridiculous.

Dave F

Old August 8th 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Next job is to put a bit if 50mm * 4mm wood at the front of the cupboard
to stop things bouncing out.

*I hate speed bumps*

So do I, most are not necessary anyway. Narrow side roads with cars parked
both sides. The bumps create another hazard.
Tyre sellers like them though.
Mrs found a way of stopping things bouncing out of cupboards. Put a place
mat (those woven raffia type things) vertically
in front of the goodies. Works a treat.
DaveK.

Old August 8th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

AFAIK isn't it an offence to cause an obstruction???

Aren't these speed bumps causing an obstruction??

someone please enlighten me

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk

You don't have to be mad ..... but it helps

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
Found a roundabout without road signs, last Friday, and ended up going
through a village with speed bumpsad.

*I hate speed bumps*

Dave F

---

Old August 8th 03, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Hogarty

Gray wrote:

AFAIK isn't it an offence to cause an obstruction???

Aren't these speed bumps causing an obstruction??

someone please enlighten me

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk

You don't have to be mad ..... but it helps

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
Found a roundabout without road signs, last Friday, and ended up going
through a village with speed bumpsad.

*I hate speed bumps*

Dave F

---

Great all we need - yet another amateur lawyer.

Tony Hogarty
(take out garbage to reply)
Old August 8th 03, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Tony Hogarty" wrote in message
Gray wrote:

AFAIK isn't it an offence to cause an obstruction???

Aren't these speed bumps causing an obstruction??

someone please enlighten me

I believe the actual wording in the Highways Act is "causing an unnecessary
or wilful obstruction". But it is a long time since I looked it up. Anyhow
Local Authorities will have all sorts of powers and exemptions.

Regards.

Dave Dew

Old August 8th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

They are cruel if you have a rear wardrobe; without packing hangers then
everything falls to the floor.