Flexible Gas Hose for BBQ

Old May 26th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Stones

Default Flexible Gas Hose for BBQ

Is it right that flexible gas hoses cannot legally exceed 4m in length?

I was hoping to use a Beauclaire in the awning connected to the gas supply
on the other side of the van. Can I use propane welding hose which is
available in very much longer lengths?

Old May 26th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

Yes, it is true, though I have a beauclaire with a longer length hose so I
can plug it into the van and use it outside the awning. I know that some of
the jobsworth accessory shops won't sell you anything longer than 4m but I'm
sure if you shop around you can find someone that will.

Old May 27th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Colin Stones came up with the following;:
Is it right that flexible gas hoses cannot legally exceed 4m in length?

Yes.

I was hoping to use a Beauclaire in the awning connected to the gas supply
on the other side of the van. Can I use propane welding hose which is
available in very much longer lengths?

Practically, yes. Legally, though I can't find the document I saw, no.

Personally, I think I'd fit a solid gas pipe to take the gas from one side
of the 'van to the other and have a permanent fitting made, with a flexible
gas coupler at both ends. Makes it all legal then.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!