Etiquette re parking and storage?

Old May 27th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

Default Etiquette re parking and storage?

My next-door neighbour has just up-graded his caravan to a huge monster
(Heritage 640EB).
It is stored on his drive, we live on a open plan estate..
What is the normal etiquette re parking and storage?
Regards
Baz

Old May 27th 05, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

"Baz" wrote in message
My next-door neighbour has just up-graded his caravan to a huge monster
(Heritage 640EB).
It is stored on his drive, we live on a open plan estate..
What is the normal etiquette re parking and storage?
Regards
Baz

just sit back and admire it...you sound as if you may be a old grump tho

Bob.

Old May 27th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Baz came up with the following;:
My next-door neighbour has just up-graded his caravan to a huge monster
(Heritage 640EB).
It is stored on his drive, we live on a open plan estate..
What is the normal etiquette re parking and storage?

If it's his land I guess he can park it where he likes, subject to local
planning/council regulations (Hemel Hempstead for instance) and covenants on
the property.

I guess if you want to park yours next to it then you ought to ask his
permission first ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old May 27th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Baz" wrote in message

My next-door neighbour has just up-graded his caravan to a huge monster
(Heritage 640EB).
It is stored on his drive, we live on a open plan estate..
What is the normal etiquette re parking and storage?
Regards
Baz

I'm on a main road with enclosed driveways and gardens. I, and many of the
neighbours have caravans on the front-
no problem..
Open plan estates often have covenants restricting parking of caravans,
boats etc.
A guy opposite had a huge ocean going yacht up on trestles for years. His
nautical Wendy House as my mate used to call it.
Than he died and the good lady sold it within a week.
If you feel it's worth a complaint, you have to make sure you're not
infringing any of the rules (like having dirty curtains, or leftover
Christmas lights).
DaveK.

Old May 27th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , Baz
muttered:
It is stored on his drive, we live on a open plan estate..
What is the normal etiquette re parking and storage?

The estate where I live (fairly open plan), has a restrictive covenant
which in theory prevents caravans being stored on the estate. However,
many of the houses have large plots, and quite a number of people store
their caravans on their plot. If someone were to complain, I suppose
they'd have to move them!

Don't know where you'd find out about covenants, local council??
--
Andy

Old May 27th 05, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Don't know where you'd find out about covenants, local council??
Andy

Reckon one householder who showed his deeds to a solicitor (for money) could
get a case off the ground.
DaveK.