New Shogun towbar clearance?

Old May 27th 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Default New Shogun towbar clearance?

Buying a Shogun 3.2 in the next few weeks and want some advice please.

Any Shogun owners help me with this query please?

Will I have problems hitching my 2003 alko stabiliser, do to the spare wheel
on the rear of the vehicle?

If so how do I get over this problem please? Can you purchase a longer tow
bar with a longer reach etc etc?

Please your comments are appreciated...

AE

Old May 27th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Apologies with the grammar!!!

What i meant to say.....basically...does the spare wheel get in the way!!

Sorry, 2nd time lucky :-)

.. .

Old May 27th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Andy E" wrote in message
.. .
Apologies with the grammar!!!

What i meant to say.....basically...does the spare wheel get in the way!!

Sorry, 2nd time lucky :-)

Common problem aparently. There's an article in this month's Caravan Club
Mag-page 105. Alko have a device which solves the problem (it says). About
25.
DaveK.

Old May 27th 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"davek" wrote in
:

"Andy E" wrote in message
.. .
Apologies with the grammar!!!

What i meant to say.....basically...does the spare wheel get in the
way!!

Sorry, 2nd time lucky :-)

Common problem aparently. There's an article in this month's Caravan
Club Mag-page 105. Alko have a device which solves the problem (it
says). About 25.
DaveK.

This is a well-known problem that's been around for some time. It affects
the Alko 2004 stabiliser, though I'm not sure about the 2003. If it does,
and you don't want to part with 25, allegedly you can loosen off the
original handle and it will do the same as the Alko fix. All that "fix"
does is make the handle detachable, so you push the "stubs" down until
you can fit the handle, which you use to engage the stabiliser pads as
normal. You must then remove the handle before towing - Alko say never
tow with the handle attached. Unhitching is the reverse - attach the
handle, loosen off the stabiliser, remove the handle, then push the stubs
to the upright position.

BTW, as a Shoggy owner, you're eligible for free membership of the Pajero
Owners Club (UK), which has a lot of technical info, a good social scene,
and caravan-specific forums. It also has an insurance scheme that saved
me over forty quid on my Mk 2 LWB. See http://www.pocuk.com/ FWIW,
there's a thread or two on the POCUK forums about this issue.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old May 27th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Thanks for the advice....

I believe that the kit wont fit on 2003 versions, only 2004 but not sure...

I am a little frightened to set out for the first time, and not being able
to hitch up!!!

AE
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"davek" wrote in
:

.. .

Old May 27th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Thanks for the advice....

I believe that the kit wont fit on 2003 versions, only 2004 but not sure...

I am a little frightened to set out for the first time, and not being able
to hitch up!!!

AE
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"davek" wrote in
:

.. .

Old May 28th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:56:14 +0100, "davek"
wrote:

| "Andy E" wrote in message
| .. .
| Apologies with the grammar!!!
|
| What i meant to say.....basically...does the spare wheel get in the way!!
|
| Sorry, 2nd time lucky :-)
|
| Common problem aparently. There's an article in this month's Caravan Club
| Mag-page 105. Alko have a device which solves the problem (it says). About
| 25.

Not everyone here is a member of the Caravan Club, so to those your
information is useless :-(

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Beware of anyone posting X-No-Archive yes,