Washing machines in caravans

Old August 8th 03, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard C. Ferryman

Default Washing machines in caravans

Her that rules the roost has asked if there is such a thing as a small
low energy wshing machine for caravans. Has anyone seen one as I
can't find one in a search of the net.
Richard
Old August 8th 03, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Richard C. Ferryman" wrote in message
Her that rules the roost has asked if there is such a thing as a small
low energy wshing machine for caravans. Has anyone seen one as I
can't find one in a search of the net.

Have seen small manual ones, ie with a handle on top to opperate it.

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 8th 03, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Richard C. Ferryman wrote in message
Her that rules the roost has asked if there is such a thing as a small
low energy wshing machine for caravans. Has anyone seen one as I
can't find one in a search of the net.
Richard

I have one I have had since I was single. I now use it for washing my
fishing clothes/rags which SWMBO wont allow in her shiny automatic. It's a
plastic drum in a plastic housing. The motor is in the lid. You stick the
pipe on the tap and fill it up, and to drain it you pull the pipe off the
tap and the water comes out of the same pipe. Repeat the operation a couple
of times for rinsing. It has drum reversing so the washing doesn't tangle.

Empty it weighs next to nothing, and apart from the fact that it is not
automatic, actually does an excellent job.

Bill

Old August 8th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Richard C. Ferryman" wrote in message
Her that rules the roost has asked if there is such a thing as a small
low energy wshing machine for caravans. Has anyone seen one as I
can't find one in a search of the net.

Richard

I don't understand why. Most sites have perfectly good laundrey facilities.
We tend to go away for 3 weeks each year, when we don't go away for longer,
we just make use of site facilities. Once in Italy a little lady even did
the washing for us - magic.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports

Old August 11th 03, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Andrew Mott" wrote in message
What a horendous thought ! Washing clothes on holiday, I thought we

enjoyed
caravanning to escape from the weekly rituals of home.

Oh relief!

I thought I must be the only reader who doesn't want to do laundry in the
caravan!

Our solution is to have a stout linen 'doom bag' which is taken home to deal
with.

I think that i am right in beliving that most modern sites now have

washing
facilities for clothing. Although i must say the only time ive used these
facilities are in emergencies !

No need to have emergencies even, take plenty spare underpinnings. I mean,
what other emergencies could there be? Her that rules the roost must be
daft!

Mary

Old August 11th 03, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Gareth Watkins" wrote in message
Lucky you Andrew!! When you've got two young kids you need ALOT of clothes
for two weeks away and, apart from the weight, we simply haven't got

enough
room in the van, let alone enough clothes! Besides, look in your smalls
drawer - Have you got fourteen pairs of pants?!

I bought lots of cheap pairs. Fifteen stay in the big tent and are replaced
with clean when we get home. Fifteen stay in each caravan and are replaced
etc. We only need eight pairs at home.

No problem.

As for kids - their clothes don't weigh much and they certainly don't feel
the need for clean ones every day. Well, they didn't in our time (we had
five children with seven years between oldest and youngest). I remember one
occasion when we went to Saltburn for a day while we were camping somewhere
else. Nathan got absolutely soaked so wore his sister's skirt for the rest
of the day.

He's now an RAF Sergeant and would still be prepared to do it if necessary.

Mary

Old August 12th 03, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Susan Hassett

Mary Fisher wrote

Oh relief!

I thought I must be the only reader who doesn't want to do laundry in the
caravan!

snipped

For some peverse reason, I seem to enjoy doing a bit of handwashing when
we're on European sites with outdoor laundry sinks. It's quite sociable,
with all the other women of different nationalities, all scrubbing away, and
very cooling because you're dunking your arms in cold water. My husband
says I "go native".

But in this country? Or in the caravan? No way!

Susan