CC CL's

Old August 8th 03, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default CC CL's

Just got my renewal, it reports over 2700 CL's, seem to recall over 3000
last time.

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 8th 03, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , "David"
writes:

Just got my renewal, it reports over 2700 CL's, seem to recall over 3000
last time.

Read my post under 'Caravan Club sites - always full'
But just to quickly recap. I joined CC in 1986, total cl's over 4000 now 17
years later 2700. Something must be done to stop the rot. The CC are getting to
a situation where they will not be able to meet the needs of their members.
Then what.

harryB
Old August 8th 03, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"David" wrote in message
Just got my renewal, it reports over 2700 CL's, seem to recall over 3000
last time.

Please reply to News Group.

You must remember that CL's are appointed by the C.C. only as suitable for
members. The costs incurred are the responsibility of the landowner and in
no way are they financed from Club funds.
My understanding is that in recent years Local Authorities The C.C. and its
members that use them, have in combination conspired to make the hastle of
running such a site, a chore and not a pleasure. A lot of the facilities
went out when Nelson lost his eye and these sites run at a loss when rating
and licence costs are deducted. The way to save them is to use them.

Keith

Old August 8th 03, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

David wrote in message

"Keith" wrote in message news:3f33aa75$0$964

The way to save them is to use them.

I agree, but for the one I'm useing next week at Pickering, North

Yorkshire,
it was the third one I rang that I got a place on, so at least in August
members useing them.

I suspect the CLs that have disappeared are without electric hook-up.
More and more people feel they need electric hook-up and the sites without
will have fewer and fewer bookings. It must reach the point where it's just
not worthwhile to the owner to continue the CL, and too expensive to have
hook-ups installed.
I must admit, in winter especially, hook-ups are a factor when I look for
CLs to visit.

Graham

Old August 8th 03, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
" Read my post under 'Caravan Club sites - always full'
But just to quickly recap. I joined CC in 1986, total cl's over 4000 now

17
years later 2700. Something must be done to stop the rot. The CC are

getting to
a situation where they will not be able to meet the needs of their

members.
Then what.

Harry

With the supposed crisis in the farming community you would think that a lot
of astute farmers would open up their land to camping. We have just come
back from Bo-Peep Farm Caravan Park, this is one example of what can be
created out of a previous working farm.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports

Old August 8th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:27:56 +0100, David P wrote:

There is a bit of a problem there. Its called planning permission. Once
you get that then you have to develop the site - not cheap!

For CC CL's and CCC CS's they do not require planning permission.

(remove the spam to reply)