Thefts on Site

Old June 1st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Thefts on Site

Has anyone had a problem with petty thefts lately?

Last weekend we had a Gas Cylinder and a Solar Light go AWOL. It's not
that these are expensive items to replace - the light was under a fiver
but the fact that someone came onto our pitch and had a poke round that
bothers me.
Old June 2nd 05, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:53:34 GMT, Steve wrote:

| Has anyone had a problem with petty thefts lately?
|
| Last weekend we had a Gas Cylinder and a Solar Light go AWOL. It's not
| that these are expensive items to replace - the light was under a fiver
| but the fact that someone came onto our pitch and had a poke round that
| bothers me.

No! but we avoid sites where thefts are likely to occur: statics, scruffy,
restaurants, bars, clubs, pubs and so on. There are plenty of Camping and
Caravanning Club Certified Sites, and small farm sites available.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Beware of anyone posting X-No-Archive yes,
Old June 2nd 05, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 2nd 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:32:26 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:53:34 GMT, Steve wrote:

| Has anyone had a problem with petty thefts lately?
|
| Last weekend we had a Gas Cylinder and a Solar Light go AWOL. It's not
| that these are expensive items to replace - the light was under a fiver
| but the fact that someone came onto our pitch and had a poke round that
| bothers me.

No! but we avoid sites where thefts are likely to occur: statics, scruffy,
restaurants, bars, clubs, pubs and so on. There are plenty of Camping and
Caravanning Club Certified Sites, and small farm sites available.

Funny thing over the bank holiday, it did occur to me that we should
be chaining the gas bottles and spare wheel together to avoid the
casual light fingered moments. I'll take this as a warning and ensure
its done now.
Old June 2nd 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

Old June 2nd 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS

The caravan next to us had all of the tyre dust caps, alloy ones, stolen off
their car at the weekend. Funny but it was a site with statics and a bar
etc!

Old June 2nd 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS