Ideal Tow Car

Old June 1st 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Default Ideal Tow Car

Could I please have some good advice on which would be the best car for
towing an Avondale Rialto 550/4 I am thinking of a Passat DTi ( with a red
i ) or a Ford Modeao 2ltr DTi Zetec 2002 -2003 models.
Thanks in Anticipation
Lofty

Old June 2nd 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Lofty" wrote in message
Could I please have some good advice on which would be the best car for
towing an Avondale Rialto 550/4 I am thinking of a Passat DTi ( with a
red
i ) or a Ford Modeao 2ltr DTi Zetec 2002 -2003 models.
Thanks in Anticipation
Lofty

Whichever you choose - go for an auto. Having towed with both manual and
auto boxes I have not the slightest hesitation in saying that towing is
dramatically easier, safer, and more comfortable with an automatic gearbox.
My last four cars have now been autos and I would not even consider going
back to a manual!

Kev

Old June 6th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kevin Murphy

I would have to agree with Kev. I ve just returned after my first tow with
an auto VW Passat est 1.9tdi sport...So much more relaxing and got 29mpg
towing my Ace Jubilee MPTLM 1325kg with bikes on the roof.