Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

Old August 8th 03, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robin Dumpleton

Default Flat Tyres during travel - quick fix ???

We use a product called "Tyre Safe", it is a PVA slime that is injected
through the valve of the tyre prior to having a puncture. In the event of a
puncture it leaks out and seals the hole. We have found it works well
although if not applied carefully it seals the valve up.

Robin

"DaveK" wrote in message
During the trip I was amazed to see so many vans with flat
tyres.

Vauxhall cars with lpg fuel don't have a spare wheel- no space for it, so
they provide a canister of that foam stuff-Finilec or similar.
Believe it's ok for a slow puncture or nail hole. If the tyre bead is off
the rim no use at all. Tyre fitters told me it makes such a mess of the

tyre
and wheel they don't try to repair a puncture if it's been used
I'd guess that a lot of caravan tyres are over five years old and the
sidewalls have perished, hence the number you saw stranded.
DaveK.

Old August 8th 03, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

the main trouble with "tyre safe" is that you may not no that you have had a
puncture until the tyre completely collapses, frightening !!!

--
Les....email: ..
drop NOSPAM to reply