Water filters

Old June 2nd 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn

Default Water filters

Hi All

How often should we be changing our water filer. I flushed the pipes at the
beginning of last season and then replaced the filter, it was a bad year and
we only went out in the van for 7 days. We are about to go away for 3 day
this weekend and was wondering do I need to change it now or will I get away
with it. I know they say 28 day use max for the filter.

Many thanks

Glenn

Old June 2nd 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We have ours changed every year with the annual service. I think that there
would be a problem if the filter is sitting unused for a while, especially
in warm weather as it could then incubate any bacteria caught by it. I
think it could easily last for up to a year if it is flushed out regularly
with clean water.

Old June 2nd 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Glenn" wrote in message
Hi All

How often should we be changing our water filer. I flushed the pipes at

the
beginning of last season and then replaced the filter, it was a bad year

and
we only went out in the van for 7 days. We are about to go away for 3

day
this weekend and was wondering do I need to change it now or will I get

away
with it. I know they say 28 day use max for the filter.

Many thanks

Glenn

You will probably get away with it, but is it worth the risk. I hope you
live somewhere that didn't get any frost over the winter. These are a fairly
tight fit in the housing and if it has frozen you will have split the casing
and possibly the housing. Take the filter out before going away to make sure
it is intact, you don't want the system full of charcoal balls. For future
reference I would take it out during winter, unless using the van.

Cheers

Old June 3rd 05, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Glenn wrote:
Hi All

How often should we be changing our water filer. I flushed the pipes at the
beginning of last season and then replaced the filter, it was a bad year and
we only went out in the van for 7 days. We are about to go away for 3 day
this weekend and was wondering do I need to change it now or will I get away
with it. I know they say 28 day use max for the filter.

Many thanks

Glenn

I would say replace now, personally i use
http://www.filtapac.co.uk/index.htm as then i just replace the innards.
for 5.00 or so why risk it. Martin