Fiamma Warning

Old June 3rd 05, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Heyup

Default Fiamma Warning

Beware of buying these . I had an awning ripped of my caravan last weekend
and there was hardly any wind at all, it completely came ripped of the
roller. The wind was blowing towards the front of the caravan and the awning
could not deal with it at all, I did not think it a bad enough wind to cause
any trouble at all, but it came off in 2 seconds.
I phoned Fiamma and they do do guarantee their products against any kind of
wind damage, even if you are in the guarantee period. I was very lucky not
to have my caravan damaged.

No more Fiamma's for me

Cheers Alan

Old June 3rd 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

In message , Heyup
writes
Beware of buying these . I had an awning ripped of my caravan last weekend
and there was hardly any wind at all, it completely came ripped of the
roller. The wind was blowing towards the front of the caravan and the awning
could not deal with it at all, I did not think it a bad enough wind to cause
any trouble at all, but it came off in 2 seconds.
I phoned Fiamma and they do do guarantee their products against any kind of
wind damage, even if you are in the guarantee period. I was very lucky not
to have my caravan damaged.

No more Fiamma's for me

Cheers Alan

If I recall correctly the Fiamma Caravanstore does say that you should
consider taking down in windy conditions.
--
Al Stevenson

Old June 3rd 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ken

I would hope that common sense would show that a caravan awning is like a
ships sail. And look how the wind pushes those along.

ken

Old June 3rd 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ken

Old June 6th 05, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:05:51 GMT, "Heyup" alan.
wrote:

Beware of buying these . I had an awning ripped of my caravan last weekend
and there was hardly any wind at all, it completely came ripped of the
roller. The wind was blowing towards the front of the caravan and the awning
could not deal with it at all, I did not think it a bad enough wind to cause
any trouble at all, but it came off in 2 seconds.
I phoned Fiamma and they do do guarantee their products against any kind of
wind damage, even if you are in the guarantee period. I was very lucky not
to have my caravan damaged.

No more Fiamma's for me

Cheers Alan

Do I read this correctly, that the fabric ripped off the roller?

If that's the case, I'm guessing it's NOT a Caravanstore. The most
usual result is that the whole awning, roller, rafters and legs, fly
up and over the caravan roof resulting in one or two bent rafters. Or
else the awning lifts and the legs get blown aside and then the awning
drops to the ground resulting in bent rafters.

I've experienced both of the above, but I've repaired them and
subsequently always securely guy both legs and peg the feet. I've had
4 Caravanstores so far, and still have 3 of them. I've never had to
scrap one, they're repairable!

But if the fabric parted company with the roller, that must have taken
quite a gust of wind!

Neil