Citroen c5 towbar wiring

Old June 3rd 05, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
petetop

Default Citroen c5 towbar wiring

Hi
Could anybody possibly have the wiring diagram for the twin electrics for
the Citroen C5 or where I can get one from.
Thanks
pete

Old June 3rd 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Could anybody possibly have the wiring diagram for the twin electrics for
the Citroen C5 or where I can get one from.

I believe the C5 is multiplexed. This usually means that you have the choice
of buying an expensive wiring adaptor, or attempting to connect to the
de-multiplexed outputs near the bulbs. If you take the latter approach,
you'll need a multiple bypass relay, as the current capacity of the cabling
is very low. You'll need a high power feed to supply the relays. This can
double up with the fridge supply cable.

Some multiplexed setups can't be bypassed in this way. In particular LED
systems and those which don't have a separate tail light, but just flash a
fog or brake light rapidly instead.

Personally, I'd just buy the adaptor. It would save a lot of hassle. You can
sometimes get cheaper aftermarket ones, rather than paying for the OEM
version.

Christian.