Levelling twin-axle 'vans

Old June 4th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

Default Levelling twin-axle 'vans

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a twin-axle
'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over twenty years, I
don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van side-to-side. I
suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog "jack-type" levellers
won't work with twin axles and the only thing I can think of right now is
several pieces of 13mm ply each about two feet long stacked staggered to
allow the low side wheels to mount the stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

TIA,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old June 10th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
Phil Kyle

Geoff Lane verbally sodomised in
:

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a
twin-axle 'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over
twenty years, I don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van
side-to-side. I suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog
"jack-type" levellers won't work with twin axles and the only thing I
can think of right now is several pieces of 13mm ply each about two feet
long stacked staggered to allow the low side wheels to mount the stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

TIA,

A steam roller.

--
Phil Kyle™
Uno

Old June 11th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
ah

Phil Kyle wrote:
Geoff Lane verbally sodomised in
:

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a
twin-axle 'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over
twenty years, I don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van
side-to-side. I suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog
"jack-type" levellers won't work with twin axles and the only thing I
can think of right now is several pieces of 13mm ply each about two feet
long stacked staggered to allow the low side wheels to mount the stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

TIA,

A steam roller.

That's really bad for hair-doos.
--
ah

/\_/|
=0-0=
\'I'|
||,,\_
|[,,/,\
|[|,\_,,)
((J(=__/
meow
Old June 11th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
ah

Phil Kyle wrote:
Geoff Lane verbally sodomised in
:

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a
twin-axle 'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over
twenty years, I don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van
side-to-side. I suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog
"jack-type" levellers won't work with twin axles and the only thing I
can think of right now is several pieces of 13mm ply each about two feet
long stacked staggered to allow the low side wheels to mount the stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

TIA,

A steam roller.

That's really bad for hair-doos.
--
ah

/\_/|
=0-0=
\'I'|
||,,\_
|[,,/,\
|[|,\_,,)
((J(=__/
meow
Old June 11th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
Phil Kyle

ah verbally sodomised in
news:[email protected]:

Phil Kyle wrote:
Geoff Lane verbally sodomised in
:

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a
twin-axle 'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over
twenty years, I don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van
side-to-side. I suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog
"jack-type" levellers won't work with twin axles and the only thing I
can think of right now is several pieces of 13mm ply each about two
feet long stacked staggered to allow the low side wheels to mount the
stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

TIA,

A steam roller.

That's really bad for hair-doos.

Does your hair do doo-doos?

--
Phil Kyle™
Uno

Old June 11th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
Phil Kyle

ah verbally sodomised in
news:[email protected]:

Old June 11th 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
Alan Holmes

"ah" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Phil Kyle wrote:
Geoff Lane verbally sodomised in
:

We're hoping to upgrade this year or next and are considering a
twin-axle 'van. Although we've been caravanners off and on for over
twenty years, I don't know the easiest way to level a twin-axle 'van
side-to-side. I suspect that the usual levelling ramps or Bulldog
"jack-type" levellers won't work with twin axles and the only thing I
can think of right now is several pieces of 13mm ply each about two feet
long stacked staggered to allow the low side wheels to mount the stack.

So, what is the easiest or best way to level a twin-axle caravan?

The same way as to level a single axle van, rotate it about it's axis untill
it is level side to side, then adjust the front to back with the thing on
the towbar.

Simple really.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

TIA,

A steam roller.

That's really bad for hair-doos.
--