Anticipation & Evasive Action [was Police Speeding]

Old June 4th 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,demon.local
Phil Kyle

Default Anticipation & Evasive Action [was Police Speeding]

"Harry Bloomfield" verbally sodomised
in :

It happens that MrBitsy formulated :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in
:

MrBitsy brought next idea :
What about the one I reported a while ago (I think) where a driver
indicated right, pulled over to the crown of the road as if to turn
right, then swinging into a left turn? He never saw me, never looked,
completely oblivious to the world. Many would have been taken in
completely by that one - nice wide easy turn to the left, absolutely
no need to swing a small car out to take it. I had lined myself up
ready to undertake him, but it didn't quite fit together so luckily I
held back.

"luckily" held back? There is no luckily about it. You would be a fool
to pass someone on the left given the circumstances above!

I did hold back, many would not have done so...

It is one of those times when it is permissable to undertake, when a
vehicle indicates an intention to make a right turn. So where does the
'fool' come in to it?

Behind the wheel of your car.

--
Phil Kyle™