Flushing toilets

Old June 4th 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rooney

Default Flushing toilets

I always thought caravans had some kind of Elsan arrangement - a big
bucket that you have to empty out every few days. Now I look into it
(the subject, not the bucket) I see there are 'vans advertised with
flushing toilets. Is this common? How do they work then? And are they
likely to be fitted on an oldish 'van?

TIA

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old June 4th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Rooney wrote:

I always thought caravans had some kind of Elsan arrangement - a big
bucket that you have to empty out every few days. Now I look into it
(the subject, not the bucket) I see there are 'vans advertised with
flushing toilets. Is this common? How do they work then? And are they
likely to be fitted on an oldish 'van?

TIA

Assuming it's a serious question(!) - most vans from the late 80's/early
90's are fitted with cassette toilets. See
http://www.thetford-europe.com/the/t...te_c200_cwe_en

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old June 5th 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rooney

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:26:51 +0100, "Hitch Lock"

Rooney wrote:

I always thought caravans had some kind of Elsan arrangement - a big
bucket that you have to empty out every few days. Now I look into it
(the subject, not the bucket) I see there are 'vans advertised with
flushing toilets. Is this common? How do they work then? And are they
likely to be fitted on an oldish 'van?

TIA

Assuming it's a serious question(!) - most vans from the late 80's/early
90's are fitted with cassette toilets. See
http://www.thetford-europe.com/the/t...te_c200_cwe_en

Cheers. Ingenious!

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone