Caravan dimensions

Old June 5th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rooney

Default Caravan dimensions

I'm just measuring up my driveway to see what will fit on it.
Do the quoted lengths of caravans usually refer to only the van
itself, or do they include the towing bit at the front?
TIA

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old June 5th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe

"Rooney" wrote in message
I'm just measuring up my driveway to see what will fit on it.
Do the quoted lengths of caravans usually refer to only the van
itself, or do they include the towing bit at the front?
TIA

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Shipping length includes the, "towing bit".

Joe

Old June 6th 05, 05:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:48:29 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Shipping length includes the, "towing bit".

Worth measuring thought - my van is about 15cm than it's quoted
shipping length!

S.

Old June 7th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:48:29 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Shipping length includes the, "towing bit".

Worth measuring thought - my van is about 15cm than it's quoted
shipping length!

Less or more?

Mary

S.

Old June 7th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:48:29 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

TIA

Quoted length is normally internal length at bed box height, shipping
length is overall length including draw bar.

Lenny