Comag caravan satellite unit from Lidl

Old June 7th 05, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Comag caravan satellite unit from Lidl

My reciever will not come out of standby anyone had this problem is there a
reset to cure this?

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 7th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

In troubleshooting it suggests that - if the reciever is in the standby
mode - Press the "Power" key. The reciever switches ... etc etc

Mike

Old June 7th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Mike" wrote in message
In troubleshooting it suggests that - if the reciever is in the standby
mode - Press the "Power" key. The reciever switches ... etc etc

Do not have that in my manual,
could you please quote the instruction in full.
Thanks

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 8th 05, 05:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Now working, got a respose on
http://forums.exthus.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=65
see below.

Thanks to all who replied here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L PLATE
press standby and hold when you switch on at the back and it
will say load
in the window and reload firmware
[ comagmemdump.bin } hope this helps
Yes thats got it to spring into life.
Many thanks

Old June 8th 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Collingwood

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:10:51 GMT, "David"
wrote:

My reciever will not come out of standby anyone had this problem is there a
reset to cure this?

Please reply to News Group.

Hard reset cures most Sat problems,they all lock up into s/by at
times.Switch off,remove the card,unplug the unit from mains,wait one
minute,insert the card,replug then switch on,you should get the demo
menu.If this fails you have a short in the power supply,tech job about
25 quid if it's the usual resistor/cappie.transistor,anything else be
prepared to pay more.25 to 35 quid is what I charge for a Sat trip
fault don't pay more.

"To Soon we get Old,Too late we get Smart!"

Old June 8th 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Harry Collingwood" wrote in message

Hard reset cures most Sat problems,they all lock up into s/by at
times.Switch off,remove the card,unplug the unit from mains,wait one
minute,insert the card,replug then switch on,you should get the demo
menu.If this fails you have a short in the power supply,tech job about
25 quid if it's the usual resistor/cappie.transistor,anything else be
prepared to pay more.25 to 35 quid is what I charge for a Sat trip
fault don't pay more.

Please see my post of early this am.

No card to remove as the Comag is a FTA reciever.
Would not have paid if work/parts required as it has a 3 year warranty.
You are right though a reset did cure it it was just knowing how to do it on
this reciever.
The whole portable kit cost 75 so would not have spent money on it if it
had been out of warranty.

Please reply to News Group.